Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2020 San Angelo surrounding area season thread..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Smart View Post
    Congrats to all of y’all that were able to connect this weekend. Some very nice deer killed this opener. Most of y’all I’ve already talked to but congrats again!

We weren’t so lucky. This was one of the worst openers since the drought days for us. This year it’s the acorns and green everywhere that had deer spread out every where but the feedpens. You could watch 5-6 deer under various oak motts throughout the day o out in our open field with the dang cows mowing down fresh forbs. I’ve gone from 10-15 deer in a pen and murdering the times protein to 1-3 deer and that same protein stacked up in the trays and corn on the ground. I love the rain at our our place for the most part but this is why I absolutely hate the huge rains in September right before bow season. It shuts us down every year. With as much food that’s on the ground I don’t see it picking up much for awhile unfortunately. I didn’t even trap coons on the feedpens were were frequenting as they and the porcupines help keep the corn and protein from stacking up too high. I guess I’ll pig hunt locally until I see some improvement on the Coverts.
    We didn't get the big rains y'all did just a little west of us and we don't have acorns anyway but it was my worst opener also. In all my sits I only saw a single fawn. Gonna try again this weekend.

Comment

Late to the party but I pulled a Bonethug and tagged out on the opener!! It was in the evening though so I need to step it up! Congrats to you as well sir! Heckuva deer and congrats to all you guys that connected this weekend. In the process of doin the full write up and will post it up on a separate thread in a bit. Here’s a few pictures of him

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Congrats Brady!

Comment

Congrats again Brady. Was glad to be there for it. Really hated being off the lease last year and always enjoy being around you fellas!

Comment

My boys and I had a good opening weekend in Fort McKavett in spite of the acorns raining down. My 15yo and I shot does. My 16yo took a big boar out Saturday morning and a nice 8 Monday morning. I saw one of our big shooters but no shot due to the pigs pushing him out. Maybe next trip.
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by arrowsonly88 View Post
              Late to the party but I pulled a Bonethug and tagged out on the opener!! It was in the evening though so I need to step it up! Congrats to you as well sir! Heckuva deer and congrats to all you guys that connected this weekend. In the process of doin the full write up and will post it up on a separate thread in a bit. Here’s a few pictures of him

Big Congrats again son that’s a heckofabuck, your on a roll. He will look nice next to last years deer. Wow Wow

And Gunswayne I saw your sons eight points twin tonight and I will be seeing him every time I close my eyes until I post a ldp with him. Big congrats to your son on a great Buck.

Comment

Originally posted by TildenHunter View Post
                Unbelievable! I can’t remember the last opener where you didn’t kill a toad on opening weekend! Congrats Brandon.

I was thinking the same thing. Brandon gets it done.

Comment

One of the members on our place killed a stud on Monday afternoon. 171.5”. I don’t think we have a single game camera picture of him.

Comment

Originally posted by El General View Post
                    One of the members on our place killed a stud on Monday afternoon. 171.5”. I don’t think we have a single game camera picture of him.

Holy smokes! Great deer

Comment

My goodness that’s a toad! Love the antler coloration!

Comment

Originally posted by sbushee View Post
                        Holy smokes! Great deer
                        !!!!

Comment

2020 San Angelo surrounding area season thread..

Anyone else south of 67 and west of 915 in Irion seeing hogs.

We have had 3 pictures over the last 3 years of a single boar moving through. In the last month we have had a lot of pictures including a great white boar guessing to be over 200lbs, a sow with piglets, and a group of pigs in the 50-100lb range.

Comment

Strange looking. Awful dark for so early in the year. It looks like those antlers have been slipped under his scalp. Rocked way forward too.. They are leaning also. Great set of antlers though..
                            Last edited by PondPopper; 10-08-2020, 07:54 AM.

Comment

Dude!!! What a whopper of a buck. Where near Angelo are y’all hunting. Just general area if you don’t mind?

Congrats to your friend, exceptional deer!

Comment

Nice, beautiful deer, congrats to the shooter!

Comment

Working...
                                X