No announcement yet.

Help why is my arrow doing this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Might need to know the arrow length before we consider an over-spined arrow.
    Usually, stiff is not an issue.

Comment

Originally posted by rocky View Post
      Might need to know the arrow length before we consider an over-spined arrow.
      Usually, stiff is not an issue.
      Good point, I was assuming 30, would that not be over spinned?

Comment

With that arrow weight it would be 400 spine at the draw length he gave (8.1gpi). The 340's weigh (8.8gpi) would result in length of about 27 1/4 inch. That would be a little short of an arrow for 29 inch draw.
        Roy

Comment

Originally posted by keep View Post
          Good point, I was assuming 30, would that not be over spinned?
          I would think that his arrow would be a minimum of 27 3/4 inches long, and even at 60 lbs, I never send a .400 spine out (with any current bow), over 28 1/4 inches.
          So, as you can see, I really don't think he's grossly underspined, as more than likely his arrow is longer than 27 3/4 inches.

Comment

I agree with Rocky. Better overspined than underspined and a 400 spine will be cutting it close if not too lite of a spine.

Comment

Originally posted by rocky View Post
              I would think that his arrow would be a minimum of 27 3/4 inches long, and even at 60 lbs, I never send a .400 spine out (with any current bow), over 28 1/4 inches.
              So, as you can see, I really don't think he's grossly underspined, as more than likely his arrow is longer than 27 3/4 inches.
              I meant "grossly overspined".

Comment

Yes the 340 is what's on the side if the arrow and I am not sure on the exact arrow length since I'm not around my bow but I never cut them out of the box so I'm guessing they are 30 inches long.

Comment

Working...
                X