Ozonics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by txdukklr View Post
    I've used one for three years. To the point that I unfortunatly found out that my burner(?) is dead. search my threads you'll get lots of feedback. also i can attest to no less then five of my friends/hunting buddies who now own and firmly believe in the ozonics.

it will beat their nose . . . period. All the time no but there is no question is swings the advantage to the hunter. End of story it's one of the best additions to the back pack since the range finder and thermacell.

it's that good
    Originally posted by hunterbabe View Post
    I tried ozonics this weekend...wind blowing directly to the feeder....and it is amazing!! I would never have believed it. I wont go the the stand without one intentionally ever again.
    My experience and feelings as well.

Had a popup a couple of years ago that I set up and it was downwind of the feeder for where the deer should have been coming. Mr Murphy found me and my popup and sure enough ALL the deer were coming in behind me. Got busted every single sit.

Talked to a friend, who just happens to own a bow company, and uses one religiously. He tells me it is the real deal and I purchase one.

Next sit, I did everything exactly the same, other than added an Ozonics inside the pop up with me. Mind you, I had been busted EVERY SINGLE SIT in that popup. From that sit forward I was never busted again all season long.

There is absolutely nothing else that changed AT ALL, other than adding the Ozonics.

I know they work. Beyond all doubt.

Comment

it helps w deer, pigs not so much in my experience. don't slack on other scent control and expect miricles

Comment

Ozonics

Originally posted by Coach W View Post
        Simple steps to end this thread:
        Use the search feature
        buy ozonics
        use ozonics
        Thank us.
        Why does the thread have to end? I like to read new opinions on old subjects. Buy nose jammer and save the money.

Comment

Originally posted by ecfire1967 View Post
          Why does the thread have to end? I like to read new opinions on old subjects. Buy nose jammer and save the money.
          It doesn't have to end... But facts are they work, and continue to work..

Point was: If you havent read the plethora of success stories here.. Search em... They will convince you.

Comment

Point was: If you havent read the plethora of success stories here.. Search em... They will convince you.
            Agreed

Comment

Oh ok my bad. Sorry

Comment

they work great and provide a considerable advantage.

they aren't a solve for all, it's like I told a couple of people this weekend. it' helps with wind nothing solves your scent on the wind like having it in your face.

I hunted yesterday with wind straight at the feeder. Gentleman with me said they can't smell you but they sure are nervous you making noise or something?

My answer is they can smell me, but they're not getting enough to make em bolt. if you watch down wind some deer, if they are there a while, will lift their heads and look off in the distance. You'll ask what the heck are they looking at . . . . the answer is they're looking for you. They're getting a trace imho of human scent but it's like your far away and they are looking trying to figure out where trouble is.

so when they are downwind and you use ozonics still mind your p's and q's because they'll still bust you. Technology will never beat God. I had a doe and fawn walk right through my scent cone straight under the feeder and eat. A buck about 75 yards behind hits the scent cone and got me. Why? A puff of wind . . . a swirl or something let the scent through the ozone blanket. Ozone's heavy so again in my opinion it doesn't move with a wind switch as quick as your scent.

I won't hunt without it, I'm a very firm believer.

Comment

Another thing, placement is absolutely key.

I hunted with someone who said it works like crap. I asked him and he put it on a shelf at about waist level in his box blind. Well thats not going to work. I know the commercials and instructions show it behind you in a pop up but I don't think that works.

I always try to have the ozonics high and in a way that it's blowing over the top of whereever the wind is going. Mitch (krivoman) and I hunted with mine when I first got it, we hunt it in the back and got busted repeatedly. Next time we went out, I put it at the front window and it was night and day the results.

Comment

I used an ozonics system for the first time this year. I was hunting for a big buck and the wind direction was not in my favor so i borrowed my buddies. I was very skeptical about using them because of some of the reviews i had read. I had one buck come from straight downwind and never blew that i would have been able to kill. Then the buck i was hunting did come from upwind of me but was still so close (less then 10 yards) he smelled me and ran but luckily stopped in bow range i was able to squeeze in through and harvest a trophy buck. Im not saying that the Ozonics helped me kill this buck but it sure didnt hurt me either. I would defintely use one again if need be. You can read my thread titled 20 point East Texas buck in the bowhunting reports section.

Comment

I used ozone for the first time this weekend. I was hunting tree stands and tripods in the wind. I hung the ozone up above me and let it blow over me downwind, as recommened. I had deer downwind of me every sit, and I never had one deer snort and stomp. They never knew I was there. Maybe I was high up enough and the wind was strong enough that it was blowing my scent over their heads. I don't know. But I was impressed.

We shower before every hunt, put on clothes out of our rubber tub that have been washed scent free and stored with baking soda, and then spray down with Scent Killer. With all of that, when there is no ozone and a deer is downwind, they still smell us. But adding the ozone to the routine sure seemed to help a LOT.

Zach was hunting in a pop up, and he didn't have ozone. A couple of sits he had the wind wrong. He uses Tink's scent sticks as smoke cover. He had fawns coming in to the feeder a couple of times, but the does hung back. They didn't snort and run off, but they hung back. The smoke was enough to hide human scent, but they knew something was different. I had mature does coming in directly downwind of me in the ozone, and they didn't even pause. They just came right in like I wasn't there.

We didn't see a single buck all weekend, but if ozone can fool a mature doe then it'll fool anything. Pretty amazing.

Comment

One other thing.... I'm using another brand of ozone generator - not Ozonics. Mine uses a little computer fan to move the air. It's not loud at all, but you can hear the little fan going. I'm sure deer can hear it too whenever the wind isn't blowing very hard. They never reacted to it, but they're bound to hear it. If I brushed my arm on a leaf, they'd look up. But they ignored the fan noise. My guess is they thought it was a airplane or something. I was concerned about the sound at first, but they didn't seem to mind it at all.

I assume the Ozonics units use a similar fan with similar noise (quiet as it is)??

Comment

Mine comes in Thursday! Hopefully I can get a good review on it this weekend. Are they weather proof? Has anybody hunted with one running while it is raining?

Comment

Working...
                          X