Techno Hunt Tournament Houston

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Techno Hunt Tournament Houston

As many of yall know Buffalo Fields has been under water since April 18, consequently we have not been able to hold any tournaments or anything else. We are also out all our targets, and equipment. The club will be fine but Chris Conte (former club president) is holding a shoot at West Houston Archery's Technohunt to try to raise some funds for the club. We will have cash prize, a coupon for custom grips, a HIPS archery target and broadheads as prizes. There will also be an Athens Archery gift card along with a few other prizes.

Originally posted by Chris Conte
    For my archery friends ---

The interest level was high enough, so the date has been set. Our April/May/June & (maybe) July BFAC monthly 3D shoot will take place indoors at West Houston Archery using their TechnoHunt simulator on Saturday, June 25. The cost to participate will be $15 (cash only, no checks please) - $10 goes to WHA, and $5 will be held out for the winner’s prize. The prize money division will depend on the day’s participation. Basically, if I feel there was enough of it to constitute a 2nd or even a 3rd place, there will be, but it will be at my discretion, and, to be honest, I usually have a “there’s only one winner” mentality in these situations, so we’ll see. You can shoot multiple times if there are holes in the schedule, but you will be charged for each subsequent round. There will also be some door prizes awarded for those in attendance. Shooting will begin at 10am, and following the day’s competition, at 6pm, the club will be providing food and beverages for the prize ceremony and after party at WHA. Since this will mark our first time getting together in months, we hope everyone will come out and show your support through either participation in the shoot, attendance to cheer and make fun of each other, or just to hang out afterwards for the festivities, and feel free to bring your own specialty dish or dessert to the party – we won’t mind, I promise.

Contrary to my first email, there will be no pre-paying, however, as this simulator will be hosting 4 shooters every half hour – I can squeeze one or two more if it gets REALLY busy, I’d like to have a schedule for the day, unless you just want to show up and sit and wait, until I can get you a shooting spot. There will be a bunch of us just hanging out all day long, but not everyone has that time, so if you’d like to shoot at a certain, but still somewhat flexible time, you must let me know in advance, so I can schedule it. If you are planning to shoot, but don’t care when, it would also be great if you can fire off an email to me just to confirm it. It would really make this run smoother and easier for me, if everyone and anyone who was planning on attending or participating in any fashion whatsoever would contact me and let me know, so I can properly plan the shooting schedule and amount of food and drinks to have on hand. I know that a lot of you have my phone number, but please, this time, send me an email so I have a hard copy confirmation to be able to track and plan accordingly.

Any bow will work, but your arrows MUST have inserts for screw in tips, as you will be given a special one to use for the simulator. The screen is only 20 yards away, so that is the actual, physical distance you will be shooting, however the simulator makes the targets appear closer and farther away, enlarging and shrinking the actual scoring areas, as well as turning them at difficult angles and placing them in harder positions. You can warm up using WHA’s indoor range, before your round begins.

My email is below. Feel free to contact me with questions, or just send me your plans for the day. Either way, please reference BFAC in the email heading, so if it goes to my spam box, I can easily identify it.

Thanks,
    Chris Conte
    conteemail@aol.com
    Last edited by cmh2007; 06-10-2016, 08:14 PM.

These were taken may 24, the second day that it was dry enough to drive down the main road of the club. Everything in the conex boxes will have to go.

These were taken yesterday after it dried up from last weeks rain.

Comment

Yall come out and play with us. We will have a pretty nice prize table there. A new target, cash, lonestar beer shirt, Athens archery gift card, etc.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

Really cool

Comment

We would love to have more people show up, the more the merrier

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
          X