Welcome Mat?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Welcome Mat?

Some Forums have a welcome mat section..... Granted it may be moot at this point?

Is this the right place to start a topic? If not please move to right spot mr moderator.

I am wondering if my old compound bow is worthy? it is an Indian timber wolf.

I am here near FTW, I realize I can probably blow a couple weeks worth of pay buying a new rig and all from a shop, however I figure Craig's List would be a good place to start for a complete package shaft points etc...

I would think more than a few gun guys get into archery and figure out it's not point and click. Then sell out..

This happens to be the Traditional archery forum. But welcome anyway.

Comment

You started this thread in the Traditional Forum. It should probably be moved to the Around the Campfire forum to get the responses that you need to answer your question. Most of us around here shoot mostly, if not all, traditional bows.

Here is my answer to your query; if you shoot it well and with confidence, then keep on shooting it. It is not going to have the blazing speed or the new fancy accessories of the new bows, but that does not matter, if you can shoot it well!

Welcome to the Green Screen!

Bisch
      Last edited by Bisch; 08-20-2014, 07:39 AM.

Comment

here is post # 1 for me. I want to talk about trad stuff and i have quite a bit to learn about it so i am goin to just but myself into a few topics untill i can start my own.

Comment

Originally posted by cleatus99 View Post
          Some Forums have a welcome mat section..... Granted it may be moot at this point?

Is this the right place to start a topic? If not please move to right spot mr moderator.

I am wondering if my old compound bow is worthy? it is an Indian timber wolf.

I am here near FTW, I realize I can probably blow a couple weeks worth of pay buying a new rig and all from a shop, however I figure Craig's List would be a good place to start for a complete package shaft points etc...

I would think more than a few gun guys get into archery and figure out it's not point and click. Then sell out..
          Welcome to the Forum!!

In answer to your questions;

1. As longs as you can shoot it and shoot it well - it worked before it should work now.
          2a. Craig's list is fine, just be careful. I got my first bow from Craigs list and it was dang near new. The guy bought it cause it looked cool and didnt like it. I got a bow that was shot 50 - 60 times and saved about $100. I did however take it to a reputable shop and had them set it up for me. There is a lot more that goes into it than I thought .
          2b. TBH also has a classified section. Once you have been here awhile or have the required post counts, you will find good deals in there. (Thats where I got my second bow)
          3. As for Arrows - I buy new. I would hate to spend money and find out that some are cracked and have nowhere to return them.

Again Welcome to the Camp Fire!

Comment

Working...
          X