Clear All

Superbowl pork ribs

Rub ribs with
    Garlic powder
    onion salt
    pepper
    and whatever spices you like.

Set the oven at 350.

Wrap ribs in aluminum foil and place in a glass baking pan. Put about and inch of water in the baking pan.

Cook for 4 hours.

Finish ribs on the grill.
    This is when you add your BBQ sauce ( I prefer sweet baby rays).
    Guaranteed to fall off the bone.

Enjoy,

Rob

Same recipe as above but if you use a an oven bag like the ones they use to cook turkeys in you can do the same in about 2 hours. Either way great ribs

Comment

I have cooked ribs dozens of different ways but my favorite (and the favorite of all my family and friends who swear they are the best ribs they have ever had) I currently do on a weber gas grill and it takes about 4 hours.

Trim the membrane on the ribs and dry rub the ribs with seasoning of your choice...I usually use bolners fiesta rib rub. Rubbing the day before and resting in the fridge overnight is even better.

Cut the racks in half and sear them on the hot grill, then move them to a rib rack in the back of the grill with indirect heat (on my weber I turn the front two burners to medium high and turn off the back burner) for about an hour and a half. Rotate every half hour.

Stack and wrap the ribs tightly in foil and cook another hour and a half on indirect heat. Pull off and let "rest" for about 15 minutes before unwrapping.

Cut into three rib sections. Baste with 2/3 spicy red mop sauce and 1/3 honey. Using tongs, cook on a hot grill flipping fast and caramelizing the honey/spice rub. Pull them off as fast as they get "dry" and be sure not to burn. Rest 5 minutes and serve.

no matter how many racks of ribs I cook I NEVER have any leftovers.

Comment

I'm new here, not new to cooking ribs. If you have some time this works out awesome, if you like meat falling off the bone ribs. Can be done in oven or on pit. I prefer pit myself, I like the smoke flavor.
        I do pork ribs this way.
        Remove membrane from bottom side of ribs, I use the Fiesta pork rub from HEB, topped by brown sugar on both sides of ribs. Put on pit at about 225 degrees for about 3 hrs or so. Flip occasionally. At about 3 hr mark pull ribs and wrap in foil tightly, before closing it up add a splash of apple juice( non sweet kind), close up tight and back on pit for a couple hrs. After a couple hrs open up foil and GENTLY remove ribs from foil and put ribs back on pit for about 45 minutes to hour to firm up. I say GENTLY because they will fall apart at this point.
        I usually burn mesquite down in a drum and add coals to pit as I need to regulate the temps, but you can use charcoal or the oven. On a pit I try to keep temps from going over 250 degrees, which can be challenging. This is my familys favorite.

Comment

will be trying these out for sure!

Comment

ya'll done gone and made me hungry. Now I'm going to have to stop and pick up some ribs on the way home.

Comment

Sounds good

Comment

Note to self- take out meat tonight!!

Comment

got a try this

Comment

pork ribs

You boys made me hungry off to HEB I go to buy some ribs I will let you know how they come out.

Comment

That does it, I'm off to the grill to try these!

Comment

makes me hungry!

Comment

Working...
                        X