• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for all the responses guys.

Comment

Originally posted by zztex View Post
      How many panels is that pen?
      10x 10 foot panels for 30' diameter. Cows never got in either.

Comment

Anyone know of a place around Houston to Victoria that makes those panels like Texas Best Panels in Lometa?

Comment

Originally posted by day0082 View Post
          Anyone know of a place around Houston to Victoria that makes those panels like Texas Best Panels in Lometa?
          Texas Stairs & Rails/Advantage Outdoors
          They are in Houston on Eastex Fwy

Comment

Buy a roll of hog wire 39 inches tall and t posts every 12 ft. Make your pen plenty big.

Comment

Originally posted by Gunnyart View Post
              these are 40" tall by 10' long at $30/ea and don't require driving posts and can easily be moved around.
              I called them earlier this year and they quoted me $41 each. Maybe depends on how many you buy. I’m going this route next time for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Clark View Post
                Deer hopping in and out of barbed-wire feed pens will eventually result in you cutting one out of the fence.
                I have 4 feeders penned w/3-strand barbed wire and as long as I maintain the tension on the wire, no problems. If I get lazy and the wire gets a bit slack, the cows are in. But, having said that, I've had them up for 7-8 years and have not had one instance of any animal hung in the wire.

Comment

Originally posted by BolilloLoco View Post
                  Barb wire or 50" cattle panels are the best options for keeping cows out IMO.
                  I don't like tall panels, so I use barb wire with the bottom wire 18" off the ground.
                  Cows wont slow down for field wire without adding a couple strands of barb wire above.
                  I fence out hogs with short panels and single barb wire for cows.
                  Why don’t you want barbed wires! Just stretch it tight with wire “stays” between the posts.

BP

Comment

Originally posted by TexasTK View Post
                    Texas Stairs & Rails/Advantage Outdoors
                    They are in Houston on Eastex Fwy
                    Their panels are $125 for a 16 foot panel. Substantially more $$.

Comment

Originally posted by brownchristian View Post
                      Their panels are $125 for a 16 foot panel. Substantially more $$.
                      Their website says $99 per panel

Comment

Originally posted by TexasTK View Post
                        Their website says $99 per panel
                        Till you click and realize that’s for an 8 foot panel

Comment

They look they would be fairly easy to build if you know how to weld. Just a simple frame with feet made of square tubing with 1/2 a hog panel welded to it. (for an 8 footer.) If you didn't want to mess with adding the pins/slots you could just wire them together.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                            Hell I have done that with both goat wire and panels...
                            x2
                            I'm actually heading to the ranch tomorrow, picking up a rock drill and putting in 4 more pens this weekend..

Comment

Originally posted by zztex View Post
                              Till you click and realize that’s for an 8 foot panel
                              Exactly.

Comment

Called Texas Best Panels and they referred me to a dealer. Spoke to a dealer and he said they have non in stock and Texas Best can't give him a delivery date. Said the last order took 11 weeks and they no longer deliver. Sounds like Texas Best is having some issues.

Comment

Working...
                                X