Great CWD Podcast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great CWD Podcast

Very informational. Dispels a lot of the inaccurate and misguided perspectives/ assumptions

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Phone wont let me click but is this Rogan's podcast with Doug I've been seeing on instagram?

Comment

Originally posted by 150class View Post
      Phone wont let me click but is this Rogan's podcast with Doug I've been seeing on instagram?
      Yeah. Here's an alternate link:

Comment

Oh nice thanks. I saw Rinella post about this earlier.

Comment

Someone wanna provide a summarized version of that podcast?

Comment

Originally posted by Treehunter View Post
            We need to stop bringing untested heads and spinal columns from out of state, and dumping them behind our houses or in our pastures.
            Also, this thing got from the United States to Norway "somehow"???
            Must have been a whitetail breeder from here that took some deer"over" there??
            Also, only buy genetically enhanced deer from a class 1 source, that has been proven free of the disease.

Comment

I think that just stating the main points would only serve to instigate another argument on the topic and not change anyone's perspective. It is the details behind each of those main points expressed in the conversation that clarify and remove subjectivity. I encourage everyone to take the time and become familiar with those details to prevent the mishandling of a big issue due to the persistence of ignorant misinterpretations.

Comment

Originally posted by bukkskin View Post
                Also, only buy genetically enhanced deer from a class 1 source, that has been proven free of the disease.
                Nothing of the sort was mentioned in that podcast

Comment

Originally posted by bukkskin View Post
                  Also, this thing got from the United States to Norway "somehow"???
                  Must have been a whitetail breeder from here that took some deer"over" there??
                  That actually isn't an unreasonable idea. As mentioned in the podcast, it is now known that the CWD outbreak in South Korea was caused by animals brought over from North America, and both Finland and Norway have a history of importing cervids from North America for hunting.

Comment

Originally posted by Longue Carabine View Post
                    Nothing of the sort was mentioned in that podcast
                    Yeah, actually one of the numbskulls in the podcast actually said not to move infected animals.

Originally posted by Longue Carabine View Post
                    That actually isn't an unreasonable idea. As mentioned in the podcast, it is now known that the CWD outbreak in South Korea was caused by animals brought over from North America, and both Finland and Norway have a history of importing cervids from North America for hunting.
                    This really cracks me up on the "NATIVE" South Texas argument. There are certain people that claim that their deer herds are pure native south Texas deer. Yet we have been hauling deer all the way to S Korea, Finland and Norway for years and years and years?????
                    Bwaaaaahahaha!!!! Gives me a Giant chuckle. Haaaahahahaha.
                    The TRUTH OF THE MATTER IS people have been hauling Northern and Canadian deer down Here and there forEVER. Way before a person had to have a permit. Of course this was banned many years ago.
                    I remember seeing a Giant Canadian buck on a Mexico ranch back in the early 90's(right on the river). Breeding everything in site. I promise you that deer didn't walk down there.

So, like I said, ya'll need to quit bringing these dead deer carcasses from "UNTESTED" herds back to Texas or from County to county.

Comment

People really need to listen to the podcast for themselves. As you know, people with preconcieved ideas and or agendas are going to take information and cherry pick what is convenient. From my limited knowledge , CWD is a "time bomb" that will blow up at some point. Obviously, some of the suggested methods of attempting to fight/slow the spread could have a sever financial impact on a lucrative industry such as hunting has become. I expect to see a huge fight if/when some of the suggestions try to get implemented...

Comment

Originally posted by Pedernal View Post
                        People really need to listen to the podcast for themselves. As you know, people with preconcieved ideas and or agendas are going to take information and cherry pick what is convenient. From my limited knowledge , CWD is a "time bomb" that will blow up at some point. Obviously, some of the suggested methods of attempting to fight/slow the spread could have a sever financial impact on a lucrative industry such as hunting has become. I expect to see a huge fight if/when some of the suggestions try to get implemented...
                        Yep, they don't figure something out this could blow up into trillions of dollars. Which is why I think they are so reluctant to test humans for it. It could( will) turn real ugly.

Comment

Originally posted by critter69 View Post
                          Yep, they don't figure something out this could blow up into trillions of dollars. Which is why I think they are so reluctant to test humans for it. It could( will) turn real ugly.
                          I think the "experiment" on humans is ongoing now and I don't mean at a lab. Just by killing, processing and eating deer/elk people have already been exposed. Chances are more than a few have handled and eaten infected animals. We just don't know how many and to what extent... It sucks to consider the repercussions that might soon occur regardless of whether humans can contract the disease or not.

Comment

Something to think about

A study in which macaques contracted chronic wasting disease from eating CWD-positive deer meat has heightened concerns about human susceptibility to the disease.

Comment

In the process of listening to it now. Very good, well done, well spoken scientist on the actual issue. Doug and Joe provide their opinions, but Brian, the scientist, does a great job at being objective.

Comment

Working...
                              X