Monarch Dove loads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Monarch Dove loads

Anyone use these? I'm looking at getting a case of 20g for this season. I'm shooting an O/U.

Thanks,
    Skooter

Probably good as any.

Comment

I used them for the last few years and never had any issues with them.

Comment

They’re fine as long as your gun will run them.

Comment

Ive been running them for the price and havent had any issues. Also pretty easy to find your hulls when your cleaning up

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by skooter View Post
            Anyone use these? I'm looking at getting a case of 20g for this season. I'm shooting an O/U.

Thanks,
            Skooter
            Originally posted by TacticalCowboy View Post
            They’re fine as long as your gun will run them.
            They'd have to be as bad as Hillary to not run in his gun.....

Comment

We go though thousands of rounds of monarch 20g at the ranch. Never had a problem with them. They work fine in autos and o/u.

Comment

My youngest boy works at the local trap/skeet range and mentioned a lot the regular shooters (with o/u's) moving to Monarch. Apparently a rather high velocity round.

Comment

They’re great for the money. I’ve never had an issue with any in 12 or 20ga

Comment

Originally posted by hooligan View Post
                    They’re great for the money. I’ve never had an issue with any in 12 or 20ga
                    Have you tried them in an automatic?

Comment

I like em. I inherited a Ithaca XL900 20 ga. which is a semi and they are the only loads I have found that it will cycle reliably.

Comment

I had an issue with a case that I bought of 20 gauge that I didn’t put together until I blew a dove in half at 30 yards. I found some of the wads and the shot cup fins were fused together, keeping the shot contained longer and throwing thought patterns even through an IC. Caused misses up close too.

Comment

Monarch is what I have shot for the last 4 years and I have ZERO complaints. I switched to them after Winchester quit making the super speeds since they are the same velocity if I remember correctly... my Benelli SBE loves them and have never had an issue, my dad runs them through his super Vinci mover had a problem, and my 870 will shoot anything just fine. Plus they’re the cheapest case you can get at a large store such as academy.

Comment

Originally posted by Honker View Post
                            Have you tried them in an automatic?
                            Sorry, yes all my experience is in auto loaders (browning double automatic, browning silver hunter and remn1100 lt20). Don’t have an o/u yet.

We went through a case of 12 between my dad and I with no issues and I’m almost finished with a case of 20. They are my go to dove shells and the price is hard to beat

Comment

Thanks for all the replies. I’ll pick up a case soon. I just got access to a quarter section of sunflowers north of OKC. I may pick up some for my 12g Montefeltro as well. It’s been pretty picky after I put in the heavier Wolf return spring. It may have loosened up some after a good duck season.

Skooter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X