Awesome TPW hunt this week

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Awesome TPW hunt this week

First time hunting Llano state park and had a blast. Warden and staff were great hosts and plenty of game to be had. Some larger axis were seen by some of the other hunters but I put down a spike and another decent rack buck but never saw anything bigger. In total I ended with 3 does and 2 bucks. The last morning I gave a couple packs a pass because I told myself I wasn’t going to fire unless it was larger than the buck I already had. Saw some banded turkeys that kept me entertained and had whitetail all around me pretty much every shoot. Really wish I had the green light for whitetail, I saw some really nice shooters!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by mudmauler; 11-01-2018, 08:14 PM.

Axis video:

Comment

Banded turkeys:

Comment

Whitetail:

Comment

Wow! I hunted there as a kid and loved it, that was back when they still had Walter Buck WMA. How many points did you have?

Comment

Whitetail buck:

Comment

Originally posted by Bryan2014 View Post
              Wow! I hunted there as a kid and loved it, that was back when they still had Walter Buck WMA. How many points did you have?

No points. First time applying to the hunt. I’ll never forget it.

Comment

I forgot my phone scope one sit so I didn’t get a couple other bucks on video.

Comment

Heck yea that’s awesome. Congrats

Comment

What stands did you hunt. My son is doing the youth rifle but not until first weekend in January?

Comment

Originally posted by mudmauler View Post
                      No points. First time applying to the hunt. I’ll never forget it.

Wow! Congratulations!

Comment

Originally posted by ca1219 View Post
                        What stands did you hunt. My son is doing the youth rifle but not until first weekend in January?
                        Daughter got drawn for the first weekend in January hunt as well. Look forward to meeting you there. She can't wait.

Comment

Great hunt mudmauler! Looks like you'll be eating like a king for awhile! Great pics and vid too! Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Nice!

Comment

Congrats on a great hunt! I've always wanted to get picked for that one. I did get drawn for a hunt at Guadalupe river state park in a couple weeks though. Its a spike and doe hunt but also exotics. I dont expect it will be as good as yours but who knows.

Comment

Working...
                              X