Which 6.5 creedmoore

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which 6.5 creedmoore

Looking to get a 6.5 creed. Which platform do y'all recommend I know the Ruger Americans get high praise for how cheap they are. I just looked on academy's website and see Remington and mossberg have some pretty cheap 6.5's as well. Over time I will want to replace the stock, trigger, and bolt.

I’d go with a more higher line rifle than the Ruger or it’s comparable foes. I was looking into the Bergara B-14 HMR or Browining Hells Canyon in 6.5. They both are around a grand but are great platforms to start with and make a great long range hunting rifle.

Comment

Is this going to be a budget setup or something you want to keep and pass on?

Comment

If you are wanting to stay in the value range I would look into a weatherby vanguard/ howa. They are very good rifles for the money and have plenty of aftermarket parts available. The vanguards are guaranteed sub moa.

Comment

I LOVE my Tikka I got the CTR because I like the shorter barrel and mag feed. Easier to safe a mag fed rifle. Barrel length is negligible for the ranges I shoot
          It is a sweet shooting machine and smooth as glass.

Comment

Tikka

Comment

Lots of good choices.

Comment

Originally posted by -HIC- View Post
                Is this going to be a budget setup or something you want to keep and pass on?
                It would be something I would like to keep for a good while. But can't afford to spend tons of money on a rifle right now. Just seen at savage model 11 long range hunter 6.5 in the classifieds I'm eyeing. I have 2 rifles in my safe one is my grandpas 270 not sure what brand it even is it's old and wore down. The other is a Ruger m77 Mach II 270 my dad gave me. Thought about customizing the Ruger 270 but not many upgrade options that I have found. So I figured the 6.5 would be a good solid round for Texas from whitetail to exotics. I bowhunt 97 percent of the time so I never cared much to build a rifle. Getting the itch lately though.

Comment

I buy nothing but Savage in a center fire rifle. You can go as low as around $600 for a model 10 or as high as ~$1500 for a Stealth. Its your choice, but my Savage 10-FP in .308 cloverleafs at 100 yards. Yes, I replace the Accustocks and turn down the Accutrigger almost all the way.

Comment

Started off as a Savage Axis from the classifieds for less than $300. Boyd’s stock, stock trigger adjusted to 3.5lbs, ER Shaw barrel, and SWFA SS scope. Less than $1,000 in it.

I’m a Savage guy and their rifles are top notch. Second to that would be the Ruger American simply because I haven’t used many other newer rifles. But I have used that and it’s a solid gun imo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan81 View Post

Started off as a Savage Axis from the classifieds for less than $300. Boyd’s stock, stock trigger adjusted to 3.5lbs, ER Shaw barrel, and SWFA SS scope. Less than $1,000 in it.

I’m a Savage guy and their rifles are top notch. Second to that would be the Ruger American simply because I haven’t used many other newer rifles. But I have used that and it’s a solid gun imo.

Sweet looking gun! How are the actions on the savages. Are they pretty smooth? Like I said above never been a rifle guy but getting the itch to build on for a decent price.

Comment

I hear a lot of talk about the high end rifles, however a Savage 25.06 I bought more than 10 years ago is one of the most accurate rifles I have ever shot. It was about $300. I believe most mainline rifles out of the box outshoot the shooter. Scopes, noe that’s a different matter.

Comment

Originally posted by Terry View Post
                          I hear a lot of talk about the high end rifles, however a Savage 25.06 I bought more than 10 years ago is one of the most accurate rifles I have ever shot. It was about $300. I believe most mainline rifles out of the box outshoot the shooter. Scopes, noe that’s a different matter.

11 years ago I bought a savage Model 110 in .270 from a mechanic who worked for sunbelt in their parking lot. It came with a hard case, buck Omni hunter skinner, simmons scope, and a box of Remington core lokt for $200. It was the most accurate rifle I had have ever owned until I bought my APR.

Comment

Tikka CTR

Comment

For value, i would highly recommend the Ruger. With savings you can get the magpul hunter stock.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X