Plumbing help needed.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plumbing help needed.

I had a plumber come in and install a new tub faucet. It had to be soldered behind the wall. Ever since then the water will get kinda warm but not hot. Plumber said to replace the cartridge which I did. And still no hot water. Now the plumber that installed it will not return my calls. What to do?

Look at the value itself and see if it has been adjusted to limit the hot water. Call the valve manufacturer to get the directions to set the limits.

Comment

I just purchased a new Moen tub valve. It did have instructions about adjusting the built in high temp limiter....your probably does also.

I am sure I am hunting, or thinking about hunting.

Comment

I agree, you need to adjust the settings on the cartridge to allow more hot water. When you install the valves, there are usually instructions on how set it. I think the usual temp you set the max to is 120*F

Comment

I found out how to adjust the settings on the cartridge and we have hot ester now. I knew the green screen would come thru for me. Thanks to all that helped me on this. You guys are great

Comment

Be careful with Ester when she gets hot.....lots of trouble could be in store for you.

I am sure I am hunting, or thinking about hunting.

Comment

Oh I got well versed on the da gers of that. A little over a year ago my brother had an accident when he fell over the tub, hit his head and turned the hot water on. He laid in a pool of hot water for a few minutes before his wife and son found him. Laid in the burn unit for 6 months. Now he has limited use of his right hand and is learning to walk again with a walker. His kidneys stopped working. Had to be medicaly retired from The Dallas Sheriffs Office and is now on full disability.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
              X