BrushyHill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BrushyHill

Has anyone ever hunted BrushyHill bowhunts before in south Tx?Would appreciate any info about this place and its Hogs,Javelina and deer....!

Hey Cuzins8, I have hunted the Hog Heaven pasture extensivly. If this is the place you want info on I will gladly tell you what I know.

Comment

Originally posted by Huntinfever View Post
      Hey Cuzins8, I have hunted the Hog Heaven pasture extensivly. If this is the place you want info on I will gladly tell you what I know.

We are looking more for javelina than hogs.Though we will take hogs .Did you see any javelina?ANY info on hogs or javelina you may have on the property would be much appreciated.
      Thanks

Comment

In nine years of hunting the hog heaven pasture I can honestly say I have never seen a javelina and no one in our group has ever killed one. This year there are plenty of pigs. I shot two. the norht east corner has pigs all the time. The grain route is your best bet. There are several holes along the north fence that they go thru every night. there was a large hole along the south fence about middle of the ranch maybe more to the SW side. If you take rock ridge rd all the way to the fence and then go west you can't miss it. There were pigs going thru there in a pack of 25-35 every night. If you are there any amount of time they will find your corn. More pigs than deer this year and like the deer they have been hunted to death, so your set up has to be good. Maybe now that deer hunting is done they won't be as spooky. Good Luck!

Comment

Hunt....is Rusty still taking care of the ranch for Pete? I hunted there this past July w/Nick (Horitexan on ArcheryTalk). I don't remember which area we were in, but it was past the ranch by a couple of miles and on the east side of the highway.

It was was bordered by a high fence ranch on the northeast side. I hunted by a large hole in that high fence by a creekbed. And you're correct in saying they are wary to your presence. I made one wrong move (the first night) while drawing my bow and the hogs flat out vaporized!

Had a good time though. I got to meet some great folks from Indiana, Nick's employees from his tatoo shop in Austin, and Tink Nathan while I was there. The facilities were not bad either....not the Hilton, but not bad.

I look forward to going back soon.

BTW - I saw plenty of hogs/deer.....but no javelinas.

Greg

Comment

Thanks for the VERY in depth info fellas.Im going to check those areas out,assuming i get in those pastures.
            Thanks again!

Comment

By the way,Do we have to hunt at night to get shots or did you guys see them in the day?

Comment

Cuz - I had the best luck w/a full moon while I was there. I found several areas during the day where you could really smell them, but I never found them during the day.

Good luck to you.

Greg

Comment

Cuzins 8-let me know if you go and how it went, I talked to them a few times and I set up a trip at the end of the month

Comment

Do they have a website?

Comment

Ibbf-try this website http://www.sabinalchamber.com/denney.html if it does not work do a google search on sabinal chamber and go to hunting leases and that will bring it up.

Comment

All they have as far as a website is www.*******.com/brushyhill

Comment

Had to cancel my trip to BrushyHill Got laid off Friday Guess its gonna have to wait.
                          Thanks anyway for all the info and ill use it this summer surely!

Comment

Working...
                          X