A Game Of Thrones

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by M-2 View Post
    My husband, grown son and I have read all 5 of the books. There will be 2 more written. The sixth book is scheduled to be published in 2015 (series started in 1996).
    George R. R. Martin is a large man and is 64 years old. All GoT fans fervently wish him good health.
    We've seen the first two seasons on TV and are very much looking forward to Season 3, starting on 3-31-13.
    Tyrion is my absolute favorite character and the actor who plays him (Peter Dinklage) has done a stellar job.
    Highly recommended!
    (I just bought the official Game of Thrones Cookbook from Amazon last week).
    YES, I'm a fan.
    I want some recipies.

Comment

Originally posted by 1369 View Post
      HO

LY

WOW

Just finished book 1 and how he kept all those different stories in line in his head is beyond me. That was an epic read. One of the better books I've read in a while.

Just loaded book 2 on the Kindle and am expecting a long night.
      You just wait until books 3,4, and 5. The story lines grow exponentially from book 1. Reading 1 through 5 in quick succession (they were already all written when I started the series), I was barely able to keep all of the story lines together. I may be struggling with them when book 6 finally gets here.

Comment

Originally posted by M-2 View Post
        (I just bought the official Game of Thrones Cookbook from Amazon last week).
        YES, I'm a fan.
        Thats funny! I'm such a GOT dork that during the HBO season I cook up a game of thrones dinner every Sunday. It usually consist of quail or venison and some veggies and sometimes rice, in the form of stews, oven baked dishes or stir fry. The cook book sounds cool.

Martin is always describing the food down to the T. He obviously likes to eat.

Comment

I just watched season 1&2 and I cannot wait till season 3!!!

I'll have to look into getting the books.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. D View Post
            I have read the entire series. Stay the course. Great series.
            I didn't know this was a picture book...

Comment

Originally posted by Deb View Post
              I want some recipies.
              I've just glanced through it so far, but was kinda thinking I'd like to prepare a GoT feast this Sunday night, in honor of the premiere of Season 3
              If anything turns out good, I'll for sure send you the recipe.

Comment

Its definately a good read. You won't be disappointed. Caution though... no one is safe

Comment

Y'all weren't kidding about book 3! At the rate he's going I'm not sure there's going to be a single character from the first book to finish the story!

I'm a little over 1/4 through book 4 now and keep telling myself that I'll stop at the end of the next chapter, but it never fails when I see the next one I think, "Well, just this one and I'll put it down..."

So many plot turns, so many agendas, this guy jerking over that guy, this gal positioning herself to do that...Martin's storyboard wall has to look like the hidden room Charlie kept in the TV series "Life".

Comment

He wrote himself into a corner by the time he got to book 3... thats why it took 10 years for book 5 to come out...

He had to do a lot of re-writes.

He has said that half of the last book is just going to be snow blowing over corpses... hehe

Comment

I gota start reading these. I'm addicted to the HBO series

Comment

Definitely something you have to pay attention to, or you'll get lost.

Comment

Good series. We rented some DVD's from Block Buster and got caught up.

Comment

The show is great. I am currently watching it, Vikings, Walking Dead, and Spartacus.

Comment

Originally posted by TxAg View Post
                              I gota start reading these. I'm addicted to the HBO series
                              If you like the show, do yourself a huge favor and read the books. As you can imagine, there is a lot of story that gets left out of the show. Some that really doesnt matter, but a lot of back story that really puts things into better perspective. My wife has the best of both worlds, she didnt read the books, but I'm constantly pausing and narranting for her.

Comment

Now, this just isn't fair, who in their right mind ends a chapter with "When she woke the next morning, she was blind."?

This is so going to eat up my lunch hour.

Comment

Working...
                                X