mesquite bowhunting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

mesquite bowhunting

has anyone been their yet this year looking for some info on the place .
    Last edited by Guest; 10-30-2006, 09:06 PM. Reason: need to

no ones heard of it i guess

Comment

These are the guys out of Pearsall I think. A friend of mine is trying to book a hunt for a group of us in the future. I'm not sure how many are going to commit. These guys don't allow mech. heads. They do have nice prices though.

Comment

I have been there before. The place is at up with hogs!! I don't think i would go back to the place. It is 200 acres, and the ground is bare, I mean there is nothing at all for the animals to eat. There are no feeders there. Gerald runs a feed rout past your stand and then you just pick out what you want to shoot. The animals actually come running to the corn.

Comment

I went when it first opened and will never go back. The place is small with not a lot of brush as inside the high fence is a lot of open field. Gerald and my group did not hit it off as he needs to work on his people skills. Now keep in mind this has been several years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Heath View Post
            I went when it first opened and will never go back. The place is small with not a lot of brush as inside the high fence is a lot of open field. Gerald and my group did not hit it off as he needs to work on his people skills. Now keep in mind this has been several years ago.
            I don't know, 1st impresions mean alot. Like I said, I haven't been but there is a chance I may. I have been burned on a few day hunts. I know this, I have sure learned what not to do for my place.

Comment

Heath, he is still the same, I do not care much for him or the way he treats his customers.

Comment

thanks for the info do yall know any other placse out that way cheap

Comment

There is a place in sabinal called the true love ranch. I went one time and it was great but I had heard later the prices were going up. When I went it was $85.00/day with unlimitted hogs.

Comment

There is a guy that lives in Sabinal who lets you hunt on his land really cheap. I think it might be $25 a day but only afternoons. He has a few feeders that you can set up by. I didn't get his name but his tel.# is 830-591-3281. He also has a post on the bulletin board at the big sportsman's shop in Sabinal in the Archery dept.

Comment

I haven't had any problems with Gerald other than his has a hard time hearing you. I have been to both his old place and his new one. His new one is nothing like the old place, But iI do believe it is better. The last time we went I killed an Aoudad and a hog my first evening. I still recommend the place.

Comment

I was in Heaths group and what he says definately goes for me...I shot a Fallow and wished I hadn't when it was all said and done...Not a good experience.

Comment

just got back. never again will go their 5 hunerts 3days noting killed or seen at all but little hogs to many i think.

Comment

the place he had in sabinal was better .

Comment

I just talked with gerald and it seems his story is a little different. Here is what he told me

"Do me a favor since you are signed up to talk on there , tell him that I wanted to know why he forgot to tell everyone what a bad shot he is and that he wounded a fallow. It`s not that they didn`t have chances at game. Just because they didn`t kill everything they wanted doesn`t mean they didn`t see animals. Bill and his buddies have hunted with me for about 5 years. They did a Fri. afternoon through Sun. morning deal, I guess because he hunted on 3 different days, he called it a 3 day hunt. He forgot to tell everybody about his poor shooting skills and that he wounded a fallow doe and killed a small pig, another guy killed a fallow doe and a couple of good eating size hogs were killed "

Always two sides to each story!

Comment

Working...
                              X