Video Camera For Hunts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Video Camera For Hunts

What have you found as the best video camera for videoing your hunts when alone and also videoing for other while they hunt? Don't want fancy and don't want cheap but a good user camera. Is this available in the $500 range? I may need to shell out more than that not sure. Sorry for all the questions I'm not a tech person.

hands down this. It is my go to camera. HD, Small, amazing zoom,steady shot, great wide angle,12 megapixels, SD card and has 64 gig built in internal memory. New they were close to 2grand..now you can pick one up for close to your budget. I love this camera. Good luck!

Attached Files

Comment

I also have a GO PRO 3+ and find it a great camera also for what it does, but I only use it as an addition but never my main camera. I like close shots and the ability to zoom etc. GO PRO will not do that. Still a great little camera but only as an addition to the main Sony.
      Attached Files

Comment

I agree with the Handycam. My only complaint is the microphone. Might be worth choosing a model you can plug a mic into.

Comment

I just picked up a Panasonic V-550 for $300 that is outright impressive!!! The 90X zoom with 5-axis stabilization is amazing!!! We film fishing shows and commercials with some really high end equipment, which I didn't want to lug around the woods, and found this little guy. I use it for my "A" shots and a GoPro for my "B" shots. Plus, its light enough to attach to a Solvid head strap system!

Comment

Originally posted by Gunnyart View Post
            I agree with the Handycam. My only complaint is the microphone. Might be worth choosing a model you can plug a mic into.
            The Sony in photo has great sound. Internal Stereo mics and it does have a mic input. I have plugged in a Rhodes mic in some instances. The internal stereo mics on the Sony in photo is pretty amazing for most scenarios.

Comment

Originally posted by NMStickFlinger3 View Post
              I just picked up a Panasonic V-550 for $300 that is outright impressive!!! The 90X zoom with 5-axis stabilization is amazing!!! We film fishing shows and commercials with some really high end equipment, which I didn't want to lug around the woods, and found this little guy. I use it for my "A" shots and a GoPro for my "B" shots. Plus, its light enough to attach to a Solvid head strap system!
              you have a link we can view what you shot with the Panasonic?

Comment

Originally posted by elkbowhunter View Post
                you have a link we can view what you shot with the Panasonic?
                Haven't had a chance to get out and film with it yet, just mess around with it around the house and what not. Youtube has a bunch of videos highlighting the zoom of the camera. Come September though, it will be in elk country filming 6 different hunts!!! That will be the real test!!

Comment

Thanks for the info. Been browsing online for a while but need to pick one up and learn it pretty quick.

Comment

Haven't had a chance to get out and film with it yet, just mess around with it around the house and what not. Youtube has a bunch of videos highlighting the zoom of the camera. Come September though, it will be in elk country filming 6 different hunts!!! That will be the real test!!
                    will have to look into this camera. Looks like a good one! Great zoom. Ya gotta have a smooth zoom. Loving the Panasonic Lumix SLR cameras out now.. amazing 4K. Friend has one and its stunning! Its hard to believe the video camera is only $300.00 and still be quality? Ya never know anymore. is it wide angle and has steady feature?

Comment

Anyone have that Panasonic V750 ?

Comment

whats the scoop with the Panasonic V750? costs? features?

Comment

Speaking of amazing new cameras. This is the LUMIX GH4
                          (by Panasonic) 4K
                          Buddy has a few of them and what a stunning camera.The 4K is off the charts. Body is around 1,700.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by elkbowhunter View Post
                            whats the scoop with the Panasonic V750? costs? features?
                            I think the 750 is right at $600. Has a range of more advanced features when it comes to microphone, still image pictures and more advanced videography options, but the zoom isn't near as good as the 550. When it came down to just using the camera to produce amateur hunting videos, I couldn't spend the extra $300, when the overall quality of the video will be the same.

Comment

I think the 750 is right at $600. Has a range of more advanced features when it comes to microphone, still image pictures and more advanced videography options, but the zoom isn't near as good as the 550. When it came down to just using the camera to produce amateur hunting videos, I couldn't spend the extra $300, when the overall quality of the video will be the same.
                              Good to know. Thanks!! I saw a few videos of the zoom it had. Pretty impressive. A good steady zoom is critical. Would love to see your videos when you put something together. The proof is always in the pudding

Comment

Working...
                              X