Putting it all in perspective

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Putting it all in perspective

As I sit on my porch, staring at my brand new MAXEY trailer, I am trying to put into perspective everything I saw today at the Cowtown 50th Anniversary Festival. I do not think I have EVER been to any archery event where every single person had such a good time. I heard not one single person complain about the 3D targets being too hard. Nor did I hear any negative feedback on any of the midway games. I did see people eager to go from game to game, and come back and either try again on certain games, or check their standing on the games they did well on.

My hat is off to everyone at Cowtown for first having the motivation and desire to give archers of all ages, skill levels, and experience a chance to win any of the games, and any of the big prizes. No one was discouraged or intimidated because they aren't a "pro" or "open" shooter. Every shooter has the exact same chance as the next shooter, and that single feature IMO kept every person there relaxed and having a good time. Secondly, the officers and members of Cowtown Bowmen work as hard as any club I have ever seen or been associated with to get the site in the best condition possible. They are 100% dedicated to ensuring that the club facilities are safe and clean. I am extremely proud to be a member of this club, and hope they are seen as a model of how clubs can run.

Congratulations to all the winners of the events today, and congratulations to Cowtown for having a tremendous event!!!!! I cannot wait until we have another one!!

Originally posted by bowhuntntxn View Post
    As I sit on my porch, staring at my brand new MAXEY trailer, I am trying to put into perspective everything I saw today at the Cowtown 50th Anniversary Festival. I do not think I have EVER been to any archery event where every single person had such a good time. I heard not one single person complain about the 3D targets being too hard. Nor did I hear any negative feedback on any of the midway games. I did see people eager to go from game to game, and come back and either try again on certain games, or check their standing on the games they did well on.

My hat is off to everyone at Cowtown for first having the motivation and desire to give archers of all ages, skill levels, and experience a chance to win any of the games, and any of the big prizes. No one was discouraged or intimidated because they aren't a "pro" or "open" shooter. Every shooter has the exact same chance as the next shooter, and that single feature IMO kept every person there relaxed and having a good time. Secondly, the officers and members of Cowtown Bowmen work as hard as any club I have ever seen or been associated with to get the site in the best condition possible. They are 100% dedicated to ensuring that the club facilities are safe and clean. I am extremely proud to be a member of this club, and hope they are seen as a model of how clubs can run.

Congratulations to all the winners of the events today, and congratulations to Cowtown for having a tremendous event!!!!! I cannot wait until we have another one!!

^This

I have been a fan of Cowhead since I first started shooting 3D in 2001... maybe it's because theirs was the first actual shoot I ever attended outside our own club. I have always enjoyed shooting there, and I'm proud of our club members who are always willing to jump in and support such a great club.

I see big things on the horizon for this event... y'all don't want to miss it from here on out.

Congrats to Todd, Rocky and the Cowhead crew.
    Last edited by Let's go Brandon!; 04-23-2011, 07:43 PM.

Comment

And congrats on the Flu-Flu trailer Glenn.

Comment

Absolutely great shoot. This was my 8 year old grandson's first shoot and I do believe that he is hooked for life. Thanks Cowtown.

Comment

You know what they say, no pics it didn't happen

Comment

Great Job Glenn!!!! IF I ONLY HAD A LITTLE MORE BREEZE I MIGHT HAVE SNUCK MY ARROW IN CLOSER THAN YOU. HAHA

Comment

Glenn, I cannot thank you enough for the advice and tips you gave me. I was in such a slump with this new bow and just couldn't figure it out. I made immediate progress that shoot in the 15 target round and on the paper target portion (minus the misfire I did lol). Man what a great feeling to have my confidence back and proper form/grip.

Thanks Again!!!!!

Comment

I can't imagine anyone taking archery advice from Glenn! LOL! But he did win a trailer!

Comment

Originally posted by elkmaster View Post
                  I can't imagine anyone taking archery advice from Glenn! LOL! But he did win a trailer!
                  Thats just wrong.
                  Thanks Glenn for the plug on the shoot and for all you did to help. Congrats on the big win. Do you know if anyone got a snap shot of you and your trailer

Comment

Working...
                  X