No announcement yet.

Video Camera For Hunts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great thread I have been looking aroubd trying to figure out which one would work best and not break the bank! Cant afford a couple k just to film me shooting some pigs and does!

Comment

Originally posted by txwhitetail View Post
      What have you found as the best video camera for videoing your hunts when alone and also videoing for other while they hunt? Don't want fancy and don't want cheap but a good user camera. Is this available in the $500 range? I may need to shell out more than that not sure. Sorry for all the questions I'm not a tech person.
      Bumping this as im sure camera technology changes in 3 years.

Comment

Great deals on hd video cameras this Black Friday including SD
        Cards

Comment

Originally posted by KC Huntin View Post
          Bumping this as im sure camera technology changes in 3 years.
          I bought the Panasonic 550 when I saw this thread a few years ago. Haven't seen a camera with a better zoom, still to this day.

Comment

Canon, Sony or Panasonic. Buy as much as you can afford.

Comment

Originally posted by elkbowhunter View Post
              hands down this. It is my go to camera. HD, Small, amazing zoom,steady shot, great wide angle,12 megapixels, SD card and has 64 gig built in internal memory. New they were close to 2grand..now you can pick one up for close to your budget. I love this camera. Good luck!

http://www.amazon.com/Sony-HDR-CX550...rds=sony+cx550
              I have this very camera. It is very good in my opinion.

I miss EBH!

Comment

Originally posted by Casey View Post
                Canon, Sony or Panasonic. Buy as much as you can afford.
                Casey back 10 years or so ago i bought a Panasonic PSGV-500 (old mini DV technology) which i recall at the time i got some feedback on here that it was a "decent budget camera" based on the 3CCD. It does have a memory card slot so i may stick a 32g card in there and see if i can capture some decent video although i know it wont be digital.

Im just looking to capture some first hunts/kills w my kids on something better than the iphone and not looking to spend a lot becuase i know i will fall out of love with the idea of videoing every hunt. Although i do admire you guys that make the time and effort to do so.

Thanks for the feedback!

Comment

This one. 4K, 5 axis stabilization, and great zoom. Light weight too. Sony AX-53.

Bring memories to greater life with the 4K camcorder. Record spectacular 4K Ultra HD detail. Minimize image shake with Balanced Optical SteadyShot. Autofocus with extra-precise Fast Intelligent AF. Capture a range of stunning results using a 4K-compatible optical 20x zoom ZEISS Vario-Sonnar® T* lens with 26.8 mm widest angle.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Has anyone mounted one of these smaller camcorders to your bow? Would it work?

Comment

Anyone know of the comparable model of the v-550? I am sure its different now that it is 3 years later.

Comment

I have a Canon Vixia HF R800 that I am super impressed with and it was only 300 bucks. I recently posted a thread where I am shooting at 950 using the Canon as the target camera from 950. Has a great zoom and 1080p HD.

Camera: http://www.campbellcameras.com/Canon...category=76950

Video: http://discussions.texasbowhunter.co...light=plinking

Comment

Originally posted by sierracharlie338 View Post
                          I have a Canon Vixia HF R800 that I am super impressed with and it was only 300 bucks. I recently posted a thread where I am shooting at 950 using the Canon as the target camera from 950. Has a great zoom and 1080p HD.

Camera: http://www.campbellcameras.com/Canon...category=76950

Video: http://discussions.texasbowhunter.co...light=plinking

Thanks for the info do you have any other videos (hunting perhaps) that you’ve shot w it?

Comment

Originally posted by KC Huntin View Post
                            Thanks for the info do you have any other videos (hunting perhaps) that you’ve shot w it?

That’s the only other one I’ve got handy. All shot with it. I’ll be shooting some this weekend while I hunt I can post here for ya.

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

Cannon Hf g20 is what I use.
                              It’s a beast of a little camera in my opinion.

Comment

Working...
                              X