New Longbow Coming

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Green View Post
    Congrats Rick. Cameron Root has had good things to say about the Rebel.
    Cameron is a Good Friend of mine, and this bow was actually his/mine now.

He actually has two, but this one has never been shot.
    Has never even had strike plate material installed on it.

The only thing I'm not really liking about the look is the handle wrap, but I can easily fix that if I decide to. If a put a leather wrap on it, I will install it over the original. That way the bow isn't permanently change from it's original factory design.

Rick
    Last edited by RickBarbee; 08-19-2017, 07:03 AM.

Comment

You will love that length. It took me and another guy several years to talk Dan Toelke to make a 68" and that 2" makes a big difference.

Comment

Originally posted by RickBarbee View Post
        Cameron is a Good Friend of mine, and this bow was actually his/mine now.

He actually has two, but this one has never been shot.
        Has never even had strike plate material installed on it.

The only thing I'm not really liking about the look is the handle wrap, but I can easily fix that if I decide to. If a put a leather wrap on it, I will install it over the original. That way the bow isn't permanently change from it's original factory design.

Rick
        If I remember right, at least one of the Rebel's he bought came without any grip leather
        at all. Is that this one and Cam did the wrap?

Comment

Originally posted by Green View Post
          If I remember right, at least one of the Rebel's he bought came without any grip leather
          at all. Is that this one and Cam did the wrap?
          Possibly. He didn't say.

Either way, I'll leave it on, and just put a solid leather wrap over it.
          I have the perfect leather for it. Black Harley Chap leather.

Cam is a GREAT guy !!!!!

This bow was a replacement bow for one he had some minor damage on.
          By the time he got the replacement, he had already fixed the damage on the older bow, and decided to let this one go since the other is what he is used to shooting.

When I said "Good fortune smiled on me", well it was Cam made it happen.
          All I have invested (money wise) is the shipping to get it from Saskatchewan to me. Can't beat a deal like that.

Rick

Comment

Nothing quite like a Hill style bow! I used to shoot a 70 lb big five.

Comment

Working...
            X