What Caused/Did This series of Bites?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What Caused/Did This series of Bites?

This is about the 4th time I've had this---other times were from sitting in a ladder stand leaned back against an oak tree while nighttime pig hunting. This time I was at a different place, in a tripod. The chair has a WM seat cushion for the back rest. During my sit, I could feel a little prickling spreading up my back, and now, 2 days later I have a line of about 9-10 of these intensely itching bites. They are worse than chiggers/redbugs, trust me.

Any idea what they might be?

Looks like you rolled on an asp.

Comment

Looks like a baby shark bite.

Comment

Chiggers. You're just getting soft.

Comment

chiggers or bed bugs

Comment

If they are chiggers, why none on my ankle and beltline? None of the 4 times I've been had were anywhere other than my back. And, 35Remington, that is a possibility. JFISHER--never heard of bedbugs on a tree trunk or tripod seat back.

Comment

No idea but you should get those moles looked at by a dermatologist.

Comment

That looks like it was done by a “kissing bug.” About half of them carry Chagas‘ disease. Not many people know about them.

A kissing bug bite doesn’t hurt, but it can cause a serious infection called Chagas disease. Learn about symptoms, treatment, and more.

Comment

Glass bones and paper skin... happens to all of us as we get old

Comment

Last year I hunted a friend's place out between Roosevelt and Sonora. They had padded desk chairs in the blinds. We soon found out that the chairs were infested with chiggers.

My back, behind, and legs (down to about mid thigh) were covered up with bites that looked like yours.

They must be an alien strain of chiggers. They itched like the devil, way worse than the East Texas chiggers we have around Buffalo.

Comment

Originally posted by sbushee View Post
                      Glass bones and paper skin... happens to all of us as we get old
                      Dang

Comment

Do you spray all your clothes with Permethrin?

Comment

Originally posted by M16 View Post
                          That looks like it was done by a “kissing bug.” About half of them carry Chagas‘ disease. Not many people know about them.

https://www.healthline.com/health/ki...bite#treatment
                          This right here!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Shinesintx View Post
                            Looks like a baby shark bite.
                            Now that's funny!!

Comment

Clearly ebolaids

Comment

Working...
                              X