Our first foster placement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Our first foster placement

We got licensed last week and got a call yesterday that they had a 3 week old that had been removed from its home and needed a place to stay.

Id post pics but its against the rules, just know shes cute and how someone could mistreat something of innocence is behind my comprehension level.

Good man!

Comment

Kudos to you and your bride. The wife and I have our home study on Friday.

Comment

I know how quickly you can get attached to a child ... you're a better man than I am. There's no way I would be able to let the child go back to a potentially dangerous home after they'd stole my heart.

Comment

Our best friends have 2. Just celebrated the girls second birthday this past weekend. Had her almost a year now, and sadly she is about to be released back into a bad situation. Breaks my heart. She is an awesome blessing to everyone. Had higher meth levels than either parent

Second is 2 weeks old now. “Mom” showed up high on meth, had c-section and released herself 10 hours later to go get high again. This is baby #5 for her all the same way.

May the lord bless y’all for yalls kindness and caring heart. Seems like it takes a special person to do what any human being should be able to do... love a child.

Enjoy the time and love. They all deserve it

Comment

Originally posted by Texastaxi View Post
            I know how quickly you can get attached to a child ... you're a better man than I am. There's no way I would be able to let the child go back to a potentially dangerous home after they'd stole my heart.
            Agreed! I'd love to help especially when my kids get older, but I would be attached (especially to newborn to 6-7 yrs old) immediately and want to adopt, lol.

Very appreciative for people like you OP! Congrats.

Comment

That’s awesome op. Congrats

Comment

There is a special place in heaven for folks like y'all.

Comment

You are doing Gods work for sure.

Comment

that's great but like others said I don't think I could let a kid go back into a bad situation.

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
                      Our best friends have 2. Just celebrated the girls second birthday this past weekend. Had her almost a year now, and sadly she is about to be released back into a bad situation. Breaks my heart. She is an awesome blessing to everyone. Had higher meth levels than either parent

Second is 2 weeks old now. “Mom” showed up high on meth, had c-section and released herself 10 hours later to go get high again. This is baby #5 for her all the same way.

May the lord bless y’all for yalls kindness and caring heart. Seems like it takes a special person to do what any human being should be able to do... love a child.

Enjoy the time and love. They all deserve it
                      So hard to think about (the "mom") Ugh......

Comment

Good Job!

Comment

Originally posted by Texastaxi View Post
                          Kevin, I'm not trying to sound preachy here (I promise, as I know I'm no better than you are!), and the last thing I want to do is take over OP's thread, but I thought I'd throw this out there for you and others reading this thread, as I believe its pertinent.

I was of the EXACT same opinion as what you said above. (My mom and uncle are adopted, and it's been a struggle at times for them. I had MANY misgivings about all of it.) A year or so ago, I was talking to some fine folks we know and voicing my concerns, to which the lady looked me dead in the face and said "It's not about you. None of it is about us. It's about children that need to be loved. It's about doing the work Christ called us to do. That won't ever be 'easy'... even when it's easy." She was right.

Comment

My dad was a retired attorney in Tallahassee FL and got involved with the Guardian ad litem program representing kids for the state. He now does it full time. There are so many out there that need help and the stories are heartbreaking. Almost always the lesser of two evils to choose from when placing children back into broken homes.

THANK YOU for doing this.

Comment

My wife and I fostered our children for 3 1/2 years before adopting them. It is a challenging world you have just entered into. The rewards are great, but there are amazingly large challenges as well. I will send you my number in a pm. Call me anytime day or night if you ever need advice, a sounding board or just someone to listen. Prayers going up for you and the child.

Comment

Working...
                              X