Mahindra Tractors: Opinions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mahindra Tractors: Opinions

Have always had an orange tractor but looking to move up to ~70hp. Dealerships and service are the neck and neck for both brands. No regen on the Mahindra. $9260 less for the Mahindra.

I don’t buy stuff for resell value. I buy stuff for how good it does what I buy it for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have an older and a new Mahindra. Both have been good tractors.

Comment

Can't go wrong with Mahindra. No complaints here on the one I used for a couple years.

No Regen would be a seller to me!

Comment

Mahindra - Great motors and Hydraulics, Crappiest Indian steel of any equipment!

Comment

I had a mahindra 4035 and loved it. Good tractors

Comment

4025 4x4 here, no complaint's in 6 years

Comment

people always like to buy the cheapest thing available and talk it up... just sayin.

Kinda goes along the line of how people always like to talk about how cheap they got their vehicle and then talk about how expensive their house is...always bull*#&@

If you’ve been happy with your orang tractor I’d stay with it and just trade up

Comment

I just recently bought a 2014 mahindra 65 HP. Seems like most of the newer tractors of all brands are lighter in weight at a given HP. But the models from just a few years ago, Mahindra's were really beefy tractors.

Three complaints. First, my fuel tank has a lot of rust in it. A mechanic told me that even some of the new Mahindra's have rust in the fuel tank. Apparently a poor coating on the interior. I had the screen on the fuel tank replaced and try to keep the tank pretty full. Second complaint is it is pretty noisy. So noisy that I wear ear plugs or ear muffs when I run it (no cab).

Third complaint: a little difficult to shift into gear sometimes.

Pluses: Lots of power, good price relative to other brands, and I love the shuttle shift.

Comment

If you’re a piddler and don’t use them for a living they’re fine. My buddy’s a full time rancher and he pretty much destroyed 2 of them. Ripped front end loaders off, had to weld and beef up the frame and components.

Comment

Originally posted by GoneSouth View Post
                    people always like to buy the cheapest thing available and talk it up... just sayin.

Kinda goes along the line of how people always like to talk about how cheap they got their vehicle and then talk about how expensive their house is...always bull*#&@

If you’ve been happy with your orang tractor I’d stay with it and just trade up
                    I was reared on a sugar cane, cotton, and soybean farm. Farmed thousands of acres. Drove everything from Deere’s, IH’s, MF’s, New Hollands, and Steigers. The Mahindras are no worse or better than any of the ones mentioned. I could make a case for any of them. And, every one of them rust.

Comment

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post
                      I was reared on a sugar cane, cotton, and soybean farm. Farmed thousands of acres. Drove everything from Deere’s, IH’s, MF’s, New Hollands, and Steigers. The Mahindras are no worse or better than any of the ones mentioned. I could make a case for any of them. And, every one of them rust.
                      I do not disagree with you, but how many 40 year old mahindras have you seen in the field still stirring up dust? I guess it all depends if you are a weekend warrior or a true sod buster. I grew up turning dirt myself, as did all my friends and neighbors. Not a single person I know that makes a living with equipment uses mahindra, kioti, yanmar or any of the harbor freight type brands and there is a reason.

Comment

Bought one in '11. Its a tough son of a gun but doubt it lasts as long as my Bucaneer

Sent from my LG-M150 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Ronnie View Post
                          Bought one in '11. Its a tough son of a gun but doubt it lasts as long as my Bucaneer

JUBILEE!!! Were in the world did bucaneer come from. Auto correct????

Comment

I do not disagree with you, but how many 40 year old mahindras have you seen in the field still stirring up dust? I guess it all depends if you are a weekend warrior or a true sod buster. I grew up turning dirt myself, as did all my friends and neighbors. Not a single person I know that makes a living with equipment uses mahindra, kioti, yanmar or any of the harbor freight type brands and there is a reason.
                            Maybe the reason is parts availability, I bought a kioti and it ran great ( Perkins 3 cylinder engine) but dealership support and parts where a problem
                            A true sod buster probably can’t handle any down time with anything that isn’t a quick recovery

Comment

Mainly because you do not make a living turning sod with mini tractors. Most of these minis are very comparable. Once you step up to the big boys then the big differences come into play. At one time a John Deere 5020 or 4630/4640 was small to me. These 25-55 hp tractors are very similar in what they can do.

Comment

Working...
                              X