Boykin Spaniel needs a new home.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boykin Spaniel needs a new home.

This is hard to type but we have to rehome our 9 year old Boykin. She is a good dog that just can't get along with out oldest Britney and neither will back down. When I'm around they are both fine, but when I leave they are on edge and have fought. She bonded very tightly to me. She is on anxiety medication but still is upset when I leave.

I think in a single dog house she will be fine and make a great pet. We have had her for 2 years almost and have tried everything we and the vet's can think of to get the two of them to settle down.

She is located in College Station, crate trained, house trained, basic obedience training; comes to her name, sits, walks on a leash.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1273.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	104.9 KB
ID:	25112305

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0831.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	55.8 KB
ID:	25112306

Not sure why photo's are showing upside down.

ttt

Comment

Hate to hear this. I have had several Boykins through the years and love the breed. Wish I could take her but our Boykin female just had 6 pups, so I got way too many dogs at my house right now.

Comment

The title threw me for a loop. I thought that the Seahawks released ex a TCU qb Trevon Boykin. Lol. I guess my mind is always on football. Good Luck on the rehoming!

Comment

Thanks, She is a good dog and we have a vet evaluation stating that she can go into a new home and be fine just needs to stay away from dominate female dogs.

Comment

One more try at this.

Comment

Has she been fixed?

Comment

1. Dose she hunt?

2. I have a dom male boykin is she good with male dogs?

3. Is she registered? Can you give a little history on lineage?

Comment

She has been fixed.

I have never hunted her but her drive is there and I think she could hunt with a little work.

She is fine with our younger male Britney as well as my parents male lab mix, neither are really dominant dogs though, so I wouldn't say for sure.

Unfortunately her linage has been lost. The folks we got her from said they had seen papers but didn't have them or didn't keep them because it wasn't important to them. I'm not sure exactly which it ended up being.

Comment

you might want to contact Operation Little Brown Dog or Boykin Rescue for help with placement

Comment

She came from Op LBD and they are helping find her a home. Just wanted to try the TBH connections.

Comment

Dang!!! I thought we found another one to go with our female....but ours is an alpha female for sure. TTT for you.

Comment

Working...
                        X