No announcement yet.

New Mexico Archery Elk Draw

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anybody put in for 34 archery in December? It’s the first time offering it in a draw to non residents, hoping I have a chance

Comment

I’m in"

Comment

In for NM elk

Comment

Originally posted by DavidH44 View Post
          Anybody put in for 34 archery in December? It’s the first time offering it in a draw to non residents, hoping I have a chance
          I was pretty irritated to find they scheduled that hunt to end on Christmas day. It very will could have been my first choice hunt but knew those dates represented a losing battle with the wife so I chose else where.

Comment

I loaned my 16 grand to new mexico again for me and my son, im sure they will send it all back to me like always though. Good luck to all

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Comment

In for muzzleloader elk

Comment

First choice unit 34 here also

Comment

Originally posted by DavidH44 View Post
                  8% success on that hunt might turn a few people away. The dates arent ideal for most people either.

Comment

Originally posted by STGS View Post
                    With the modification to landowner tags and the reallocation methodology, the number of landowner tags could make it easier to pickup a tag for those who don't draw.

I know I now get unlimited tags for both bulls and cows on my ranch. We are classified as a "secondary" area, although I border the national forest in Unit 34 for 3.5 miles.

While we never used all the tags we were previously allocated, this gives some landowners more flexibility.

Good luck to everyone and post up your results once the draw happens.
                    How did they change?

In regards to landowner tags, are yours ranch only or unit wide? A couple of buddies of mine will be looking for them for second archery bull.

Comment

Originally posted by bigharge View Post
                      I loaned my 16 grand to new mexico again for me and my son, im sure they will send it all back to me like always though. Good luck to all

16Gs? i thought it was like 6-700?

Comment

Yeah elk is only 5-700 but if you apply for everything its around 8200 each, youth is a few bucks cheaper but not much

Comment

In archery elk..

Comment

I'm jealous. I haven't applied for a NM elk tag in years. Back when I used to apply the tags were only $250 I believe. We hunted near Quemado. I believe it was unit 16 B. I drew a muzzle loader tag a couple of years in a row and then an archery tag one year. My step mothers cousin was married to a rancher that had 7K acres, all surrounded by the Gila and they had a small store/bait shop not far from the ranch.

I never did connect, but I did have opportunities at a couple of huge bulls. I may have to start applying again.

Good luck to everyone.

Comment

Originally posted by El General View Post
                              How did they change?

In regards to landowner tags, are yours ranch only or unit wide? A couple of buddies of mine will be looking for them for second archery bull.
                              His ranch only, I asked the same question.

Comment

In for elk and mule deer.

Comment

Working...
                                X