No announcement yet.

Quickest kill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

have had a lot more short trails or in sight kills with pass throughs, COC BH, and feathers seems like less trauma than big expandables with vanes. zips through them leaving them wondering what happened. don't think they die any faster just don't run till out of gas.

Comment

Break both front shoulders, they don’t go far.

Comment

Originally posted by PYBUCK View Post
        Any deer shot thru both lungs will only go about 50yds before they run out of air. Fixed blade, mechanical, pass thru, dosent matter if you take out both lungs. On the other hand a heart shot deer will run until they run out of blood, usually 200 yds or so,
        confused here, how do you heart shoot deer without hitting lungs? frontal?

Comment

Originally posted by hogdaddy View Post
          confused here, how do you heart shoot deer without hitting lungs? frontal?
          You are 100% right! I think a lot of people think in terms of 3-D targets...the 10 ring has to be seperate from the 8 ring right? Or is that 12 and 10 ring? I am not sure.

Comment

How does 4 seconds sound? I shot a buck last week with a Wasp Bullet, 75gr, double lung, left a blood trail a blind man could follow. He trotted away to about 30 yds and he was done. I can send you a vid of the blood trail if you like. Shot placement is the key to a quick dispatch of your quarry. All broadheads on the market today should do the same.

Comment

Hit them in the spine and they drop right there.

Comment

I killed a 100lb yellowfin tuna in 1 minute pulling my balls off and yelling at Jesse to gaff a green fish.

Not the same format as bowhunting.......but I can guarantee is was completely off the chart with comparison to killings.

.2 cents

Comment

Originally posted by AtTheWall View Post
                  I killed a 100lb yellowfin tuna in 1 minute pulling my balls off and yelling at Jesse to gaff a green fish.

Not the same format as bowhunting.......but I can guarantee is was completely off the chart with comparison to killings.

.2 cents

I see they let anyone have an account around here. Thanks for not contributing anything to the thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Court2005 View Post
                    Recently I have been researching broadheads and through different reviews and what I have seen on here it made me wonder what leads to a quicker kill/shorter tracking job. My question is which of the following scenarios leads to a quicker kill/shorter tracking job or is there no correlation and its just luck of the draw each time. Pretend that a great shot was made through both lungs. Main reason behind this question is I am hunting an 18acre plot of woods and would like anything shot to stay within the area.

Scenario A: Complete pass through with a fixed blade broadhead.

Scenario B: Partial penetration with mechanical blades.

I don't visit the site as much as I use to so if this conversation has already occurred please direct me to that thread. I know how some people get when there are repeat threads.
                    nothing runs without oxygen,, a double long will drop them very very quick, i have killed over 50 animals with a bow,, not one that was double lunged went over 50 yards, most only about 30-35,,, give me a fixed blade that passes through!
                    also the pain of a broadhead still sticking an animal will most often cause them to run farther than a pass through, regardless of the head style

Comment

In my experience the quickest way to get a targeted animal on the ground is to hit is in the middle of the vital triangle.

You put the broadhead just over the heart destroying the aorta as well as destroying both the lungs.

In general African animals hit here will do a death rush and drop within 100 yards, I had a Blue Wildebeest Bull (Poor man's buffalo) drop in less than 25 yards with a Slick Trick Std giving me full length penetration ...

Comment

Originally posted by RLB View Post
                        Break both front shoulders, they don’t go far.
                        we are talking about broad heads,, not 300 magnums

Comment

I hit a buck last week quartering away and it dropped in two steps using spitfires. It’s all shot placement.

Comment

Originally posted by Court2005 View Post
                            I see they let anyone have an account around here. Thanks for not contributing anything to the thread.

Jeeez

Comment

Lungs are held against chest wall by plural membranes. When diaphragm contracts, it pulls air into lung inflating them. Any shot disrupting contact of plural membranes with chest wall will create a pneumothorax, collapsed lung. Disrupt contact of both lung to chest wall creates a bilateral pneumothorax, both lungs. The lung/s collapse secondary to air being 'pulled' into space between lungs and chest wall causing lung to be unable to expand. This is why the African hunter "Chapstick" used to say "two hole are better than one", meaning entrance and exit holes.

Think of the lungs as a syringe with tip being treacha (windpipe), barrel being lungs, and plunger being diaphragm. When plunger pull back it is same as diaphragm contracting, pulling air into lungs. If one was to drill hole in barrel of syringe, then it doesn't fill up as it should. This equals in lack of oxygen to carry out bodily functions. The deer basically suffocates.

In Mississippi one can shoot deer with an arrow containing "Anectine" which is a extremely fast acting super duper muscle relaxer. It is used in surgery, mechanical ventilation, etc. Basically it stops the diaphragm from contracting and pulling in air, breathing. No air is not condusive to life. Have seen deer go down within 30-40 yards with extremely poor shot placements...legs, ham, etc.

Comment

Thanks for the input guys. I’m gonna stick with slick tricks and muzzys for awhile.

Comment

Working...
                                X