**** stinging grass !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

**** stinging grass !

Man this stuff is tearing up my 2 year old . How do you kill this crap ?

fire

Comment

Didn't know there was such a thing. Stinging nettle, yes, but not stinging grass.

Comment

What is it?

Comment

There are actually a large variety of different stinging plants. The notorious "Bull Nettle" is only one of a series. Fire can work, but it has to be burnt before the seeds drop. I am shocked that right now you have anything that is stinging growing. Can you post a pic, and then we may be better able to tell you what will kill it and not everything else.

Comment

I got tagged by some bull nettle when I was a kid, and I thought I was on fire... it was rough going for a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by Dry Bones View Post
              There are actually a large variety of different stinging plants. The notorious "Bull Nettle" is only one of a series. Fire can work, but it has to be burnt before the seeds drop. I am shocked that right now you have anything that is stinging growing. Can you post a pic, and then we may be better able to tell you what will kill it and not everything else.

Originally posted by hog_down View Post
              I got tagged by some bull nettle when I was a kid, and I thought I was on fire... it was rough going for a bit.

Yessir...bull nettle is from the Devil! [emoji35]

Comment

Here is a small patch

And up close

Comment

Originally posted by Dry Bones View Post

Crap is taking over . Dang chickens won’t even eat it .

Comment

I call that bull nettle. I have a bunch at our place too. I'm fixing to spray it or burn it!!
                    Last edited by Kenner97; 02-21-2018, 03:08 PM. Reason: edit

Comment

Originally posted by Kenner97 View Post
                      I call that bull nettle. I have a bunch at our place too. I'm fixing to spray it or burn it!!
                      Bull Nettle is different. (pic)

We call what was posted, "Stinging Weed" around our place. It sucks
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by TXHUNT3R; 02-21-2018, 03:38 PM.

Comment

Its a weed not a grass but I digress. Can you post a pic of the underside of the leaf? It's not bull nettle and doesn't look like something that would "sting". Could it be he is allergic? Have you thought about maybe mowing it so your two year old doesn't have to deal with it?

Comment

Originally posted by TXHUNT3R View Post
                          Bull Nettle is different. (pic)

We call this "Stinging Weed" around our place. It sucks
                          That there is bullnettle!! I hate it with a passion!! Seen cows eat it. Almost turned me off of ribeyes. Almost...

Comment

That stuff is the devil. It gets me for over 24hrs

Comment

2-4-d should take care of it.

Comment

Working...
                              X