No announcement yet.

Politics gone? Hello Tuning Forum!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please re-install the political forum....I'm starting to get the shakes. I need it man.

Comment

Originally posted by jer_james View Post
      I actually enjoy PACE and reading through different information, and how some folks came to the conclusions they come to.

I get killed in there, and have to swear up and down I'm not a liberal. (Still not by the way)

I do think the name calling is an issue. I get PMs from a few that I have had great discussions / back and forths with after than stuff happens.

I will disagree with some / but I will not name call or attack someone personally. EVER
      X2 on all accounts. I admittedly don't post a lot in PACE but I enjoy reading the banter. I too end up spending most of my time defining my political leanings (or non-leanings) but I take my whacks when I choose to enter the fray It's all in good fun...most of us have pretty thick skin

Comment

Oh I see, thought it was just me that was banned

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
          I don't bow hunt as much as I used to...couple times a year, and I'm just not as serious about it anymore. I am here for the camaraderie and fellowship of some fine folks and a few jerks. I would like to think I have made a lot of friends thanks to you, Michael. I have the highest admiration for your character, patience, humor, intellect and good judgement, and I believe I can say that about all the mods...well there is that one guy, Dervin, up in North Texas, but we don't hear from him much anymore. I assume he got demoted due to his horrible moderating skills. (I miss and love you, Devin!)

Having said that (and sucked up considerably) , I ask why not reopen the PACE and just simply let 'em go at it? Why does it need to be moderated? It's not likely that kiddos would get on there. Have that one unpadded room and just don't worry about what the fools say to each other! It's my experience that nobody changes the other's (antagonists) mind on politics. One either believes one way or the other and rarely do their minds get changed by the opponent's arguing.

So, just let them get their jollies by yelling at each other and calling each other names. Most posters are preaching to the choir, and those who aren't in the choir and want to have their say...well, let 'em. What does it hurt if they are in their own room yelling at each other?
          Does that mean all the people in the cooler can come back and participate? A couple of them had some good/productive info to share occasionally.

Comment

Originally posted by J Sweet View Post
            Oh I see, thought it was just me that was banned
            Good to see your still with us....hopefully it gets re-instated and we can pick up where we left off

Comment

Originally posted by duckmanep View Post
              Does that mean all the people in the cooler can come back and participate? A couple of them had some good/productive info to share occasionally.
              Does the cooler even exist anymore? I havent noticed BANNED!!!! under anyone's user name in a long time.

Comment

There has been a crop of "political orientated" posts in ATC the last week since the political forum got nixed.
                I liked to keep that cr@p over there so it was filtered out and let the crazies play in their HF crazy pen over there.

Some people on this site still think Obama was born in Saudi Arabia and is the CEO of IsIs
                LoL

Comment

Originally posted by texansfan View Post
                  There has been a crop of "political orientated" posts in ATC the last week since the political forum got nixed.
                  I liked to keep that cr@p over there so it was filtered out and let the crazies play in their HF crazy pen over there.

Some people on this site still think Obama was born in Saudi Arabia and is the CEO of IsIs
                  LoL
                  It's Kenya...get your facts straight

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
                    I'm not sure that the PACE forum isn't really much more than a right wing "rally" with a few "antagonistic bad apples" (i.e. liberals) that are brave enough to offer an occasional dissenting opinion ("stirring the pot") until the mob can form to bully them out. No?
                    "Right Wing Rally" hey I like that..

There was a lot of truths being told in that forum.. Some can't handle the truth..
                    Being that the "new world order" is that we all be politically correct and walk on egg shells as not to "offend" someone I'm personally glad it's gone.. I don't have to "watch my step" or choose my words so carefully anymore.. Plus my stress level is WAY down.. After giving it some thought, I'm glad it's gone....

I'll be posting a few cases of tin-foil and a few custom hats in the classifieds shortly.. Dangit. All good things must end..
                    Last edited by PondPopper; 02-14-2018, 08:13 PM.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                        Having not been on today or yesterday, I just read through this thread, and my observation/contribution to this specific discussion is that for me personally, the PACE forum is a source of immediate information whether good or bad... If I hear something during the day from someone I meet with in my daily walk/work, or if I hear something on the radio, maybe even TV, though I'm not much of TV these days... If it is related to politics or current events, I would jump on the PACE forum to check it out... For instance, when the famous "Republican Memo" was released, I first heard about it on the radio... I got on the old interweb to find it... I could not get any of the links to work, but within a VERY few minutes, that sucker was posted in the PACE forum for all to see...

I have participated in the discussions, and would continue to do so because I think it's important to our sport and our country that we all try to stay informed...

I look at the PACE forum very similar to the way I always have jumped on the ATC forum when there's a weather event, natural disaster or other major (non-political) event happening... Guarantee you, THE most up to date information on about anything that is important to most will be posted here and fast...

for that reason, I'd like to see it remain available...
                        Good post

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
                          Does the cooler even exist anymore? I havent noticed BANNED!!!! under anyone's user name in a long time.
                          You must not search old threads much. It exist.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

How To Tune A Recurve

This is very important.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Always shoot a Recurve

Eyes on target...
                              Attached Files

Comment

I already know more about the Florida shooting than I do the vegas shooting. That is all.

Comment

Working...
                                X