PSA - IPhone Find my phone feature

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PSA - IPhone Find my phone feature

Wife and I were in Vegas - she left her phone in the airport bathroom by mistake and we discovered it was missing when we got home. I looked on my " Find my phone" app and it showed exactly where it was sitting in the airport restroom.

I triggered a feature that locks and shuts the phone off and has a message across on the phone that says "if you find this phone please call this number" - it was my cell number.

I then triggered a loud alarm that goes off on her phone. I did it several times and next thing I know a lady is calling me from lost and found at southwest airlines in the Vegas airport. She said she heard a noise in their lost and found storage area and it told her to call my number which she did.

They over nighted the phone to our house. I found out her name and mailed a $50 "thank you" check to her - her supervisor returned the check and said they are not allowed to accept a payment - but he promised me that he would make sure she received a "bonus"

Talk about a lifesaver and a great feature to have on your phone.
    Last edited by TKK; 06-19-2017, 04:39 PM.

It is an amazing feature! I have lost my phone 2 times tracking hogs at night and once while riding on my ranger at night. All 3 times I used the feature and it took me to the exact spot of my phone. With the loud pinging noise, I could hear it before I even got to the spot. I would have never have found it any of those times without "find my phone".

Comment

Originally posted by CastAndBlast View Post
      It is an amazing feature! I have lost my phone 2 times tracking hogs at night and once while riding on my ranger at night. All 3 times I used the feature and it took me to the exact spot of my phone. With the loud pinging noise, I could hear it before I even got to the spot. I would have never have found it any of those times without "find my phone".
      Same here!

My phone fell off the back of my truck in the sam houston national forest. I fired up my laptop in town and tracked it then walked the road and found it sitting there in perfect condition.

Comment

Took me right to the car of the person who stole mine! It is a great feature to activate.

Comment

Found one for a lady one day who called 911 to say it was stolen. The **** had taken it and then hid it inside an empty refrigerator in a room full of about 100 of them. The loud noise and vibration took us right to it. Great feature.

Comment

What if they turn it off?

Comment

How do you set up to find another phone?

Comment

I had one stolen at Winstar in Oklahoma. (I left it sitting on a machine ) we tried to track it but they turned it of I guess because it went straight to voicemail.

It was never turned in to lost and found! It still whizzes me off thinking about it!!

Comment

Originally posted by brianlg31 View Post
                  How do you set up to find another phone?
                  just go to the app and it has a place to enter other phones to track - tracks my phone, wifes, and my Ipad - the other phones have to have the app loaded on them too
                  Last edited by TKK; 06-19-2017, 05:27 PM.

Comment

Lost mine on a bike ride cutting a trail off the paved sidewalk. Didn't realize till I got home the it fell out of my pocket. My wife pinged it and I back tracked exact trail, could hear it when I got close, was in 10" grass. Would have never found it otherwise. Very impressed!!

Comment

Originally posted by Mary View Post
                      Took me right to the car of the person who stole mine! It is a great feature to activate.
                      Waiting on your post in the meeting a murderer thread

Comment

On a whim, I tried the app just now,(I've had it but never used it) and evidently my phone is somewhere in the back yard between my house and my shop. Y'all must be using a different app than I am. No bells or whistles sounded either.

After delving a little deeper I found out how to activate the bells and whistles, but me and the ipad and the phone are still laying out in the yard. Hot out here too !
                        Last edited by Drycreek3189; 06-19-2017, 06:14 PM.

Comment

Very useful feature. I have used it twice. And for people who are still on the fence abt switching over to iOS here is your testimony

Comment

Samsung offers it as well on android.
                            Find My Mobile has been integrated with SmartThings Find. Lost something? Find your Galaxy phone, tablet, watch, and other devices with SmartThings Find.

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
                              On a whim, I tried the app just now,(I've had it but never used it) and evidently my phone is somewhere in the back yard between my house and my shop. Y'all must be using a different app than I am. No bells or whistles sounded either.

After delving a little deeper I found out how to activate the bells and whistles, but me and the ipad and the phone are still laying out in the yard. Hot out here too !
                              just chain them all to your belt and do not worry about find my phone

Comment

Working...
                              X