Raw

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Raw

How many shoot their pictures in the RAW format? I was told that I should about 10 years ago with my first Canon DSLR. Well finually decided to. It's makes a world of difference. Just need more portable hard drives for files.

Been shooting RAW from day 1 in digital. Best quality. Memory is cheap.

Comment

The only thing I shoot in JPEG is sports. I only do that to get the highest fps.

Comment

Originally posted by scotty View Post
        The only thing I shoot in JPEG is sports. I only do that to get the highest fps.
        At my grandson's ball game last night, I started playing with settings. I found that I could shoot in shutter priority at 1/500 and still get a nice pic of action with him pitching. The jpeg is almost unusable, too dark, but the RAW file turned out good in editing. I still got close to 3 fps on short bursts.
        I'm still new to using RAW, dumb me, but it's like developing your own film. Yes, I go back that far with picture taking. First SLR was about 50 years ago.

Comment

Here's my setup for sports under the lights. My lenses are all f2.8 zooms. I shoot aperture preferred, wide open.
          The auto ISO feature on my Nikon sets the camera to shoot at the lowest ISO that gives me 1/400, without raising the ISO past 1600. If it gets darker than that, it slows the shutter down.
          Lightroom lets me get rid of a lot of noise.

Comment

I need to learn this.

Comment

Comment

Always shoot RAW. Rare occasions I will shoot RAW +JPG but that is rare.

Comment

Working...
                X