Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

B2 has always had stands on it.

Comment

From all the years I've hunted Whitney and Aquilla nothing surprises me now aprantlly the rules only apply to those that follow them. As TG B.C. said take pictures and coordinates and go to the Corps office.

Comment

Sooo whats the skinny on Turkey at the A&W? I got the itch for a public land bird last year and have been skunked so far. I am trying to put my wife on one first and foremost. Not askin for spots, just whether or not its worth my time to come out and do some scouting. Dont worry, im not after yalls deer

Comment

Them turkey can be tuff out there. I've only killed two spring gobblers

Comment

Fall turkey at both lakes can be hit or miss, but every once in a blue moon I'll hear one gobble, odd as that sounds. With as much deer hunting pressure as both lakes get it tends to push the birds around as well.

I've found that their fall ranges aren't the same as their spring areas, at least on the areas I've hunted. I will say that a few years ago when I was running corn pretty regularly I learned why they call them Corn Buzzards...

By the way, anyone else hunting from a tree saddle this year? I'm going exclusively to the saddle this year after trying a sit drag at the end of last season.

Comment

Looks like I'll be at work Saturday. And house chores Sunday. The best to all that make it out there.

Comment

Originally posted by Kirby86 View Post
                Fall turkey at both lakes can be hit or miss, but every once in a blue moon I'll hear one gobble, odd as that sounds. With as much deer hunting pressure as both lakes get it tends to push the birds around as well.

I've found that their fall ranges aren't the same as their spring areas, at least on the areas I've hunted. I will say that a few years ago when I was running corn pretty regularly I learned why they call them Corn Buzzards...

By the way, anyone else hunting from a tree saddle this year? I'm going exclusively to the saddle this year after trying a sit drag at the end of last season.
                I wanted a saddle bad this year but with the wait times I went with an xop vanish. Plan on getting a saddle as soon as I can save up the money again. The weight reduction is my main reason. I’ve been thinking of getting or making a sit drag to try out. I worked several hitches at a lower position though and I’m still trying to recover financially from that. Just can’t justify the $400 for the saddle and platform right now. Of corse all the people who ordered their mantis’ at the same time I had the money are getting them now lol, should have just ordered it

Comment

For those making it out this weekend, I wish you the best of luck. It’s killing me that I haven’t been out there much at all this year. Looks like all my hunting will be in the second half of the season once I get my city house sold. Be safe out there.

Comment

Originally posted by Ender View Post
                    I wanted a saddle bad this year but with the wait times I went with an xop vanish. Plan on getting a saddle as soon as I can save up the money again. The weight reduction is my main reason. I’ve been thinking of getting or making a sit drag to try out. I worked several hitches at a lower position though and I’m still trying to recover financially from that. Just can’t justify the $400 for the saddle and platform right now. Of corse all the people who ordered their mantis’ at the same time I had the money are getting them now lol, should have just ordered it

My wife is gonna be hunting out of a vanish XT since I can’t convince her to try the sit drag [emoji23].

If you wanna try it out, let me know. It’s pretty modified, but it works the same as my mantis. I’m not 100% sure it won’t be more comfortable but I haven’t spent enough time in the mantis to get the adjustments down pat for all day sits.

Don’t rule out the Kestrel Flex. If I had known about it sooner I likely would have gone that route over the mantis.

If you wanna borrow it, I have 11mm rope for a tether setup already with a Prussik, but you’d still need a lineman’s belt.

I went to a ropeman 1 for my lineman’s belt and my tether this year and that things a game changer!

Comment

I’m saving my pto time for another week or so. Still need some more scouting time to find out where more of the public land “ pro staffers “ are so I can avoid that an set up on all the deer they run off lol! Look forward to meeting some more of you that our good Stuart’s of the land an go the extra mile to do it right!!!!! And to the ones who tuff it out this weekend I wish y’all the best of luck an safe happy hunting!!!

Comment

Originally posted by silent hunter View Post
                        I’m saving my pto time for another week or so. Still need some more scouting time to find out where more of the public land “ pro staffers “ are so I can avoid that an set up on all the deer they run off lol! Look forward to meeting some more of you that our good Stuart’s of the land an go the extra mile to do it right!!!!! And to the ones who tuff it out this weekend I wish y’all the best of luck an safe happy hunting!!!

Water access and/or gun season tends to limit the folks I run into but no guarantees.

Bad part I’m seeing is the forecast for October has us not seeing temps below the 90s until November. That can change, but gosh it’s gonna be a hot month it looks like.

Comment

Yea I started hunting Whitney in the early 2000s until around 08-09 met TG switchback an several other good guys had a lot of fun an it seemed come rifle season a lot of guys left an I get most of my time off during the week to that helps some but ole Mother Nature definitely needs to get on board with us bow hunters lol

Comment

Deer should move good n the am hrs, hunt close to water, Aquilla stinks on north side from all the dead carp, good luck guys!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Good luck out there ladies!

I’ll be out Sunday AM with a buddy. We scouted for a bit the other day and dang was it hot!!! Didn’t see anything we were looking for so we’ll play it by ear Sunday morning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Just learned about the public hunting land down around Whitney, while at a bow shop last night. Did some recon on it last night when I got home and I will be sending my information in to get my permits ready so i can get down and scout the area!

Comment

Working...
                                X