Bastrop State Park

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bastrop State Park

What kind of exotic game is in Bastrop State Park and in what abundance? Thanks

I've never heard of any. I could be wrong tho.

Comment

I've never heard of any either and I used to live there.

Comment

According to the on-line draw hunt catalogue there is or at least it says you can shoot them. Surely they have to be there to shoot them right?

Comment

System descriptions have changed they used to say exotics in limited numbers at alot of them that said you were allowed to shoot them, very few may get a straggler traveling through
          Last edited by SCREAMINREELS; 07-10-2016, 04:41 PM.

Comment

There are extremely few if any exotics there

Comment

I hunted there last year on the spike/ doe hunt. We were told there are a few red deer that come through very seldom. I walked the back fence where an exotic game ranch was and there are several spots where you can see the fence knocked down from fallen trees and there are abandoned blinds on that property also. The staff showed me a picturere of a red deer taken by a kid few years ago and once in a while they are spotted. While we were there someone shot a young doe/ fawn red deer. Those were the only two shot that I know of out of several huhunts over the past few years. To sum it up...it's a good location for doe / meat hunt.....don't expect to go there and get an opportunity at a red deer or any other exotic. Hope this helps.

Comment

Feral pigs are an exotic. I'm sure there's plenty of them.

Comment

Thanks guys. I drive by it fairly often and have never seen anything.

Comment

I grew up in Bastrop less than a mile from the SP. There are no exotics.

There are hogs.

The closest to an exotic I have ever seen in Bastrop was a Javelina caught on a game camera a few years ago which we determined escaped. It wasn't anywhere near the SP though.

Comment

The Exotic they speak of is a small herd of Red Stag. We were there in January for the Youth hunt. One of the kids got a red doe. Big animal. The week before was the adult hunt and there was a Buck killed. Other than that, pigs are it. The problem with Bastrop now it the fire wiped out huge areas and the place is pretty ugly because of dead trees.

Comment

Originally posted by Timemachine View Post
                        The Exotic they speak of is a small herd of Red Stag. We were there in January for the Youth hunt. One of the kids got a red doe. Big animal. The week before was the adult hunt and there was a Buck killed. Other than that, pigs are it. The problem with Bastrop now it the fire wiped out huge areas and the place is pretty ugly because of dead trees.
                        Yeah, and I've tried 3 years in a row to get a drawn hunt there without any luck.

Regards,

Dave

Comment

Working...
                        X