Shot a few; gave some passes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shot a few; gave some passes

This past weekend was kind of a 'bust' as far as deer hunting - saw lots of does, but not a single deer with head gear.
    But, I had several opportunities to fling an arrow at hogs.
    On Saturday morning, about 6 hogs came to my feeder. I picked out the one with the best quartering away opportunity and got a complete pass through as he went squealing off about 30 yards. The others re-composed themselves and presented a second opportunity. This time the Ramcat hit the offside shoulder, leaving part of the arrow sticking out as she ran off (breaking the arrow in several pieces as she expired 20 yards into the brush).

I was having some issues with my feeder, so I worked on it a while Saturday afternoon. Since I was around the feeder for quite a while, I decided to hunt a different stand that evening.
    Around 6:30, I had a mama pig with her 4 babies come right under my tripod - I literally could have spit on them. She was obviously lactating and I don't think those baby pigs could have survived. So I gave her a pass - I am not on a hog-eradication mission, I love having hogs to shoot all year.
    I got out my phone and made this video: http://youtu.be/NR9ifc9EDkY

As the sun was setting, another pig approached straight toward me. He looked more like a bear in the low light with his black body and light brown face. It took a few minutes for him to present a quartering away shot, but he finally did. He ran about 10 yards and did the Curly shuffle. Then he ran into the brush to grunt and expire. This arrow was about 5 inches from a complete pass through, so another arrow was broken in his Curly shuffle dance.
    It was too dark to track him, so I recovered him the next morning (after coyotes had found him first).

My Mathews Switchback XT is still getting it done.
    Attached Files

Awesome! Congrats!

KAP

Comment

Good job with one of the smoothest bows I've shot next to my q2xl...switchback xt! Hard to beat!

Btw, what does your handle stand for...if you don't mind me askin?

Comment

Originally posted by LGLP View Post
        Btw, what does your handle stand for...if you don't mind me askin?
        Just short for "To be for Him" - trying to live my life for Christ.

Comment

Sorry the deer hunting was slow, but congrats on the hogs. Keep hammerin the pigs....

Comment

2B4Him...that's what I figured! That is awesome brother!

Comment

Congrats and cool video

Comment

Congrats KAP

Comment

Nice! Congrats

Comment

Congrats on the bow kills.

Comment

good shootin

Comment

kill'em all