Truck was Broken into but how?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Truck was Broken into but how?

I don't go downtown too often but I had a trapping job in town so it was Friday evening and the wife says she wants to go with and we can go grab a bite somewhere.
    The Pearl area of San Antonio. Park in busy parking lot and still light outside but raining a little. Get back to truck and my key won't go in and door is unlocked. Not good, I have may guns and tons of stuff and tools in there. Well the only thing missing is a custom Stic knife from the console. Must have been kids and people came around I assume. It seems they stuck something in the lock to open it but I don't know how they can do that. Included is a pic of the lock.
    Attached Files

That sucks. Sorry the filth of life got you.

Gary

Comment

Maybe a punch key. Not sure but looks like damage from one. They take a key from the same make and somehow just hammer or punch it where it hits the tumblers.

Comment

What type of vehicle?

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

It is a 2001 F250. I sprayed WD in it and got it working again but it was messed up to the point of not letting the key go in.

Comment

Originally posted by RattlesnakeDan View Post
            It is a 2001 F250. I sprayed WD in it and got it working again but it was messed up to the point of not letting the key go in.

Yes sir one of the most burglarized brands of vehicles I can think of. My brother had his stolen right out of his driveway a few years ago.

The ford locking mechanism they use is very easily defeated. My 08 F150 was broken into and you could hardly tell it was tampered with.

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

Also don’t let the idiots at your local dealer tell you it’s 400$ plus dollars to repair the lock like they tried to do to me.

Parts are about 80$ if you have to replace.

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

My buddy locked his keys in his 250 the other day and we were able to open it with a flathead in the lock. No telling what they used but I bet it wasn't to dificult for them to get in.

Comment

The pearl area gets hit a lot. Sorry man.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

They use a screwdriver and punch it in with a pair of channel locks. Then they turn the cylinder and they are in. Had them do that to my work van. I had a handheld GPS unit, Leatherman tool and other small stuff. I also had my leather jacket because I had just flown back from up north. Police saw him walking a few blocks from the office and arrested him. It was early summer and the jacket tipped them off. They looked in the GPS and I had home set with address and phone. Police called the house and I got everything back that afternoon.

Comment

Drug heads

Comment

sorry it happen. just asking did you have any fishing @ hunting window stickers on the truck?

Comment

Originally posted by basskicker24 View Post
                          The pearl area gets hit a lot. Sorry man.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          Same with the quarry, the rim/ la cantara areas. Oh heck who am I kidding San Antonio as a whole is crime ridden
                          The cops will not even show up for a property crime, you now have to file a report via the SAPD website

Comment

The piece that holds the lock in place is plastic. They break that piece by tweaking the lock. They can get in as fast with a screwdriver as I can with a key. I have had to replace mine twice.

Comment

When you get it fixed, you can have a steel plate put behind the lock to prevent them from doing it again.....or get an alarm.

Comment

Working...
                              X