I'm not sure about this.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm not sure about this.....

I'm all for technology and stuff, but the insurance company wants to inspect my hail damage with a drone. They told me if the pics weren't good enough, the guy would get up on the roof. I told them that if he doesn't bring a ladder I would loan him mine. The dude IS going up on my roof. I just don't see pics from a drone showing good enough detail.

Who cares as long as they replace it

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
      Who cares as long as they replace it
      That's the bottom line.

Boeing and Airbus are working on drones that will stored on the aircraft. If a dent is found at a non-maintenance station someone can unpack the drone near the damage then an operator will fly the drone and laser measure the dent. This is an area where .001" makes a difference.

It's a large new world out there...

Comment

If you think you need a roof then let them fly it. If they say from the flight that you do not then insist they get the ladder

Comment

My friends the owns Crest exteriors in the DFW area inspects roof with his drone all the time.

Comment

Originally posted by BTLowry View Post
            If you think you need a roof then let them fly it. If they say from the flight that you do not then insist they get the ladder
            Storm busted a skylight, dented my vent stacks all to heck, tore up the flashing and no doubt needs a roof. I'm just a GOF that still has a few issues with some technologies.

Comment

Even if the adjuster gets on the roof and says you do not need a new roof, you have the right to request another adjuster to come out and look if you are not satisfied. No cost to you. Let them use the drone.

Comment

Hey Goldeneagle, remember how you were doubtful the automobile would replace the horse drawn carriage . This will be just like that!

You must have Allstate, I think they are the adjusters who are using drones. Seriously we have Drones that can recognize a single jihadi in the middle of a village from tens of thousands of feet up.

Comment

I had mine inspected for wind damage about a month ago. They told me they would use a drone if it was too steep to walk it. He walked it. Damage was just less than my 2000 deductible, so I got a couple bundles of shingles and fixed it myself.

Comment

A good roofing company will help you fight them if the deny it.

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post
                      Hey Goldeneagle, remember how you were doubtful the automobile would replace the horse drawn carriage . This will be just like that!

You must have Allstate, I think they are the adjusters who are using drones. Seriously we have Drones that can recognize a single jihadi in the middle of a village from tens of thousands of feet up.
                      Yeah and hay is cheaper!

I know all about the military drones. The camera system on the Predator has parts in it that I made. They're a little different than a toy.

Comment

You would be surprised how well the upper end drones take pictures. We use them to inspect flares and towers that would usually take a week to build scaffolding to do a 2 hour inspection. We're even using robots for tank and pipeline inspections including UT readings, these are not your everyday toy drones and bots. We have some close to 100k and probably some higher but they save money in the long run but most of all keep people out of harm's way.

Comment

It’s the future and it makes sense, we use them on our ships to inspect tanks. Much safer than putting a man in the hatch and the pics show everything

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Goldeneagle View Post
                            Storm busted a skylight, dented my vent stacks all to heck, tore up the flashing and no doubt needs a roof. I'm just a GOF that still has a few issues with some technologies.

Hand him you goll dang flip phone as he climbs up that ladder to take pictures for it....probably higher detail then some 2019 100MP drone.....

Comment

Originally posted by Goldeneagle View Post
                              What’s your point? He hasn’t denied you yet. Let him use the drone. If he denies the claim, then get upset about his methods.

Comment

Working...
                              X