Low powered scope for lever gun?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kc5rkg View Post
    I’ve got a Leupold 2-7x32 on my Marlin 35 rem and works great for me.
    This is what I planned on putting on my 35 remington but I think I'll go with one of the low powered vx3i mentioned earlier in this thread when it's time to scope.

Hoping I have at least 10 more years of open sights before I have to scope

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
      Thanks. I am a fan of Leupold but I thought it was twice as expensive. (I must have been looking at one of their pricier lines) I now see the Freedom is also about $200. Gonna get that one.
      You can find those VX3 1.5-5s for around that. Paid 250 for mine.

Comment

If it ain’t a vx3i I wouldn’t pick it over the freedom. I wouldn’t pick anything anymore without the Twilight coatings.

That goes for binos too, I gave my old Leupold binos to kids.

You can get the 1-5x20 VX3i on buds with price match at an almost unbeatable deal. I must say that in most respects I like the Freedom 1-4 more than the VX3i 1-5. That power ring really does it for me too.
        Last edited by Johnny44; 04-10-2019, 12:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny44 View Post
          If it ain’t a vx3i I wouldn’t pick it over the freedom. I wouldn’t pick anything anymore without the Twilight coatings.

That goes for binos too, I gave my old Leupold binos to kids.

You can get the 1-5x20 VX3i on buds with price match at an almost unbeatable deal. I must say that in most respects I like the Freedom 1-4 more than the VX3i 1-5. That power ring really does it for me too.
          It's even cheaper right up in post #5. I'm a Bud's fan, but they don't always have the lowest price.

Comment

You shol right bout dat. Best I could get today was $329 from Buds

Retailers must hate them
            Last edited by Johnny44; 04-10-2019, 01:00 PM.

Comment

I have a Leopold VX3 1.75 - 6 on my hog hammer. Love it! Great light gathering and I enjoy the 6 power.

Comment

straight 4x and be done with it.

Comment

I have a weaver 1-3x28 or close too and like it just for being crosshairs. At 1x you can see the end on the barrel in the scope.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks for all the input fellas. Ended up going with a Leupold 1.5x4. Can’t wait to get it sighted in

Comment

Sweet set up, right there.

Comment

Heck yeah dats nice !

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
                          Thanks for all the input fellas. Ended up going with a Leupold 1.5x4. Can’t wait to get it sighted in

Looks good, make sure you have enough room to drop hammer since your mounts look low. Just a safety thing as my fat fingers have trouble sometimes on mine.

Comment

Originally posted by bmac View Post
                            Looks good, make sure you have enough room to drop hammer since your mounts look low. Just a safety thing as my fat fingers have trouble sometimes on mine.

I can do it but it’s a bit of a pinch on the ol’ thumb. Already ordered a hammer extension

Comment

Nice. That will give you a lot of years of service.

Comment

One of my favorite scopes of all time is the fixed Leupold 4x and I could only wish they would update it with those Twilight coatings.

Comment

Working...
                                X