No announcement yet.

Turkey hunting a real sport?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heck I hunted harder then I have in a while last weekend for a turkey. Heard a few gobbles but never seen one. We are in Menard and have lots. Guess I just aint made to be a turkey hunter.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
      Well said....I never considered hunting a sport either. It's a passion...a way of life..

It's just what we do around here..

Amen to that!

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny44 View Post
        I’ve been telling folk all my life how stupid a turkey is, I don’t hunt them since I’m a barefoot kid from Bama where I shot them on the roost 45 years ago. It never were hard and I see tons of Turkey in every state I hunt.

Enjoy

https://youtu.be/TzZiQ3uoEV0
        For the record those jacked up fans sure remind me of pen raised birds......

Comment

Most people consider actual turkey hunting as calling in birds in the spring. More like waterfowl hunting, calling and decoying.

Not shooting them off roosts or hunting feeders.

Comment

sometimes that's what makes them hard to hunt, because they are so stupid, they can surprise you.

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
              Poaching is never a challenge.
              Actually, poaching does present its challenges. It was 45 plus years ago and how we got fed. Didn’t have time during the day slinging hay bails, watermelons, picking okra, peas, or corn. If you needed some protein as snowflakes of today call it, you killed what and when an opportunity presented itself. Its something many of you with the Affluenza and White privilege will NEVER understand.

Today you have Kings and Serfs again who rule outside of the law of God.

I’m poking a bit of fun at the turkey hunting but if it gets you out doors, its a goot thang!

Comment

And by God, a Passion is a good thing to have...Something to look forward too.

Comment

Originally posted by MASTERS View Post
                  For the record those jacked up fans sure remind me of pen raised birds......
                  Those are tame birds

Comment

what is going on?

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny44 View Post
                      Actually, poaching does present its challenges. It was 45 plus years ago and how we got fed. Didn’t have time during the day slinging hay bails, watermelons, picking okra, peas, or corn. If you needed some protein as snowflakes of today call it, you killed what and when an opportunity presented itself. Its something many of you with the Affluenza and White privilege will NEVER understand.

Today you have Kings and Serfs again who rule outside of the law of God.

I’m poking a bit of fun at the turkey hunting but if it gets you out doors, its a goot thang!
                      Where do we find this "white privilege"? I've never had any and would like to cash in on some.

Comment

The last time I called turkey's was a couple of Spring's ago.I saw him on the neighbor's place.He was about 50 yds from my decoy.He'd gobble,and strut around..Started walking up the fence to the East..I'm like,hey dumbass;we're over here!
                        Grab my decoy,and take off running.Fast as I can to get in front of him.Set up the decoy,and try to pull him on my side of the fence.Call,call,call..He takes off up the fence again..I race ahead..This goes on 4 different times.I'm sweating.Legs hurt like hell.I ran about 3/4 of a mile..The last time he didn't show up...I wondered to myself who the real dumbass was for about 5 minutes.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Hart8 View Post
                          The last time I called turkey's was a couple of Spring's ago.I saw him on the neighbor's place.He was about 50 yds from my decoy.He'd gobble,and strut around..Started walking up the fence to the East..I'm like,hey dumbass;we're over here!
                          Grab my decoy,and take off running.Fast as I can to get in front of him.Set up the decoy,and try to pull him on my side of the fence.Call,call,call..He takes off up the fence again..I race ahead..This goes on 4 different times.I'm sweating.Legs hurt like hell.I ran about 3/4 of a mile..The last time he didn't show up...I wondered to myself who the real dumbass was for about 5 minutes.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Comment

Originally posted by droebuck View Post
                            Where do we find this "white privilege"? I've never had any and would like to cash in on some.
                            Everyone doesn’t have it but you’ll recognize it when you see it.

Comment

Working...
                            X