Reply
Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Around the Campfire
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-09-2018, 11:20 PM   #1101
longhorn_cop
Ten Point
 
longhorn_cop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Central Texas
Hunt In: Tx panhandle, Mex.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlin man View Post
Never seen one before. Is this an ocelot?





Attachment 927627


Man check out all that green. Wow
longhorn_cop is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-10-2018, 12:25 PM   #1102
sneaky freak
Ten Point
 
sneaky freak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Chocolate bayou
Hunt In: Columbus tx, mexico
Default

Ttt
sneaky freak is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-10-2018, 12:29 PM   #1103
hogmess
Ten Point
 
hogmess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Cherokee, Tx
Hunt In: Cherokee and old Mexico Rancho La Zorra
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlin man View Post
Never seen one before. Is this an ocelot?


Attachment 927627

Enjoy calling predators down there as much as deer hunting.
hogmess is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-11-2018, 07:34 AM   #1104
qmo77
Four Point
 
qmo77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Conroe, Tx
Hunt In: Walker County
Default

Anybody ever have any issues taking their dog to Mexico and back?

Thanks
qmo77 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-11-2018, 07:44 AM   #1105
stickemhard3
Ten Point
 
stickemhard3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: New Waverly
Hunt In: Mont. County and Anderson County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by qmo77 View Post
Anybody ever have any issues taking their dog to Mexico and back?

Thanks
Is this who I think it is?
stickemhard3 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-11-2018, 07:53 AM   #1106
qmo77
Four Point
 
qmo77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Conroe, Tx
Hunt In: Walker County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by stickemhard3 View Post
Is this who I think it is?
No
qmo77 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-11-2018, 07:55 AM   #1107
BillyloMexico
Ten Point
 
BillyloMexico's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: GILMER TEXAS
Hunt In: Mexico
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by stickemhard3 View Post
Is this who I think it is?


I take my dog all the time, with zero issues, but itís safe to take paperwork from your Veterinarian saying itís current on all vaccinations. They never ask for it, but I donít want to give them any reasons.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
BillyloMexico is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-11-2018, 07:57 AM   #1108
dstrong
Ten Point
 
dstrong's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Justin
Hunt In: Mexico
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by qmo77 View Post
Anybody ever have any issues taking their dog to Mexico and back?

Thanks


Do it all the time. Keep current shot records with you.
dstrong is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-11-2018, 07:57 AM   #1109
KR-oldmexico
Pope & Young
 
KR-oldmexico's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Groesbeck, Tx
Hunt In: South Texas & Old Mexico
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by qmo77 View Post
Anybody ever have any issues taking their dog to Mexico and back?

Thanks


Take my dogs every trip. Never had an issue


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
KR-oldmexico is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-11-2018, 08:00 AM   #1110
Jbguide
Six Point
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Hunt In: Mexico
Default

Yep no issues with crossing dogs. But god forbid if they even find 1 dead tick on your deer cape!!! Lol


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Jbguide is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-11-2018, 08:09 AM   #1111
stickemhard3
Ten Point
 
stickemhard3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: New Waverly
Hunt In: Mont. County and Anderson County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by qmo77 View Post
No
Are you able to go pick up my slack this weekend?
stickemhard3 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-11-2018, 08:59 AM   #1112
EastTexasMan
Pope & Young
 
EastTexasMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: College Station, tx
Hunt In: A pop up Blind in East Texas & Old Mexico
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by stickemhard3 View Post
Are you able to go pick up my slack this weekend?
I bet you work less in Africa than you do here, and get paid 3x more to do it.

Word is it's GREEN. 2' grass at the ranch house they just mowed, when it has been dirt every time we've ever been to the place this year.

May actually look like a real mexican ranch and not a desert now.
EastTexasMan is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-11-2018, 09:00 AM   #1113
EastTexasMan
Pope & Young
 
EastTexasMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: College Station, tx
Hunt In: A pop up Blind in East Texas & Old Mexico
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbguide View Post
Yep no issues with crossing dogs. But god forbid if they even find 1 dead tick on your deer cape!!! Lol


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I was assuming, prior to reading responses here, that getting a dog back across would be a nightmare based on the past horror stories of them throwing capes away with what looks like a tick after being frozen, dipped, etc.

You'd think a live animal would be worse
EastTexasMan is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-11-2018, 09:17 AM   #1114
Jbguide
Six Point
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Hunt In: Mexico
Default

You would think since we have so many problems with capes. But common since goes out the window when it comes to this.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Jbguide is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-11-2018, 09:53 AM   #1115
stickemhard3
Ten Point
 
stickemhard3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: New Waverly
Hunt In: Mont. County and Anderson County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastTexasMan View Post
I bet you work less in Africa than you do here, and get paid 3x more to do it.

Word is it's GREEN. 2' grass at the ranch house they just mowed, when it has been dirt every time we've ever been to the place this year.

May actually look like a real mexican ranch and not a desert now.
I've been pretty tied up this trip. 7 different contractors going. 3x lol, try 6x. I should be home in time for the Mexico opener though


While I am on this thread, do others not have many bucks until later in the season? Mexico rookie here trying plan vacation time for hunting.
stickemhard3 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-11-2018, 09:56 AM   #1116
drop dead fred
Pope & Young
 
drop dead fred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Willis
Hunt In: TX, NE, MEXICO
Default Old Mexico 2018-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by stickemhard3 View Post
I've been pretty tied up this trip. 7 different contractors going. 3x lol, try 6x. I should be home in time for the Mexico opener though bb





While I am on this thread, do others not have many bucks until later in the season? Mexico rookie here trying plan vacation time for hunting.


With how green it is it will be pretty slow up front unless you just have a corn hog. Ruts late December into early Jan. Theyíll start hitting food mid jan hard again, but the risk of them being broke up goes up greatly the later into season.

If i had to pick a time frame itíd be between 12/20-1/7

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by drop dead fred; 10-11-2018 at 09:59 AM.
drop dead fred is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-11-2018, 10:00 AM   #1117
stickemhard3
Ten Point
 
stickemhard3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: New Waverly
Hunt In: Mont. County and Anderson County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by drop dead fred View Post
With how green it is it will be pretty slow up front unless you just have a corn hog. Ruts late December into early Jan. Theyíll start hitting food mid jan hard again, but the risk of them being broke up goes up greatly the later into season.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I might just be sol then. Miss my etx window and only have one good trip for Mexico
stickemhard3 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-11-2018, 10:03 AM   #1118
Mexico
Pope & Young
 
Mexico's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Clear Lake Tx
Hunt In: Old Mexico, Centerville Tx
Default

Another .5 inches in Hildago just now. We needed it
Mexico is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-11-2018, 10:05 AM   #1119
drop dead fred
Pope & Young
 
drop dead fred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Willis
Hunt In: TX, NE, MEXICO
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mexico View Post
Another .5 inches in Hildago just now. We needed it


🤣🤣🤣 weíll be bailing hay on opener 🤷🏻*♂️


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
drop dead fred is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-13-2018, 02:21 PM   #1120
longhorn_cop
Ten Point
 
longhorn_cop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Central Texas
Hunt In: Tx panhandle, Mex.
Default

Man, headed down on monday. Checkin guns in at colombia. Anyone been thru there yet with guns? How was the military?
Looks like were gonna get wet.. lol
longhorn_cop is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-14-2018, 09:12 AM   #1121
dstrong
Ten Point
 
dstrong's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Justin
Hunt In: Mexico
Default

A little green

dstrong is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-14-2018, 09:18 AM   #1122
hogmess
Ten Point
 
hogmess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Cherokee, Tx
Hunt In: Cherokee and old Mexico Rancho La Zorra
Default

Crazy green
hogmess is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-14-2018, 09:25 AM   #1123
Jimbo47
Six Point
 
Jimbo47's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: San Antonio
Hunt In: The last LF ranch in S. Texas
Default

I'd love to be sittin in my P cup right on that intersection.
Jimbo47 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-14-2018, 11:48 AM   #1124
sneaky freak
Ten Point
 
sneaky freak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Chocolate bayou
Hunt In: Columbus tx, mexico
Default

Up
sneaky freak is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-14-2018, 06:03 PM   #1125
Deadeye Mex
Four Point
 
Deadeye Mex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Cypress TX
Hunt In: Mexico
Default

Crossed at Columbia a couple of weeks ago. It went smooth. They did do a pretty good search of the truck. We had to pay tax on some beer but that was it.
Deadeye Mex is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-14-2018, 06:05 PM   #1126
Mexicobbd187
Four Point
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Default

Just wanna say a big thank you again to Oscar and Robert from the Alto Bonito for helping us out and letting us cut through your ranch a non driver buried there truck in the mid and has us blocked in I have pic but can’t get it to load!
Mexicobbd187 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-14-2018, 06:07 PM   #1127
jmoore2006
Ten Point
 
jmoore2006's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Bridge City, TX
Hunt In: South Texas, Mexico
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadeye Mex View Post
Crossed at Columbia a couple of weeks ago. It went smooth. They did do a pretty good search of the truck. We had to pay tax on some beer but that was it.


How much beer did you have? Weíve been crossing Laredo and taking in a couple cases no issues. Last weekend we had a green so no searching
jmoore2006 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-14-2018, 07:09 PM   #1128
BolilloLoco
Pope & Young
 
BolilloLoco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Cypress
Hunt In: Old Mexico, Washington County & Harris County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmoore2006 View Post
How much beer did you have? Weíve been crossing Laredo and taking in a couple cases no issues. Last weekend we had a green so no searching
Policy varies bridge to bridge and agent to agent. Pretty much luck of the draw anytime youíre crossing.
BolilloLoco is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-14-2018, 07:13 PM   #1129
EastTexasMan
Pope & Young
 
EastTexasMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: College Station, tx
Hunt In: A pop up Blind in East Texas & Old Mexico
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadeye Mex View Post
Crossed at Columbia a couple of weeks ago. It went smooth. They did do a pretty good search of the truck. We had to pay tax on some beer but that was it.


We buy ours over there... coors light is 220
Pesos or like $12.25 a case.... Tecate is 300
Pesos or like $18 a case.



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
EastTexasMan is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-14-2018, 09:27 PM   #1130
rwb42
Four Point
 
rwb42's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Angleton
Hunt In: Mexico & S. Texas
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mexicobbd187 View Post
Just wanna say a big thank you again to Oscar and Robert from the Alto Bonito for helping us out and letting us cut through your ranch a non driver buried there truck in the mid and has us blocked in I have pic but canít get it to load!
No problem man.. Glad we could help y'all out!!

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk
rwb42 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-14-2018, 09:35 PM   #1131
RanchoAB
Eight Point
 
RanchoAB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Laredo, TX
Hunt In: Mexico
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mexicobbd187 View Post
Just wanna say a big thank you again to Oscar and Robert from the Alto Bonito for helping us out and letting us cut through your ranch a non driver buried there truck in the mid and has us blocked in I have pic but canít get it to load!


Anytime! Yíall ever need anything just holler!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
RanchoAB is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-19-2018, 09:14 AM   #1132
jclaybennett
Nubbin' Buck
 
jclaybennett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Tomball
Hunt In: Old & New Mexico, South Texas
Default

Has anyone had any luck getting a vehicle permit online or at the consulate in Houston? I'm having hell with the website (it's all in Spanish) and can't seem to get anyone on the phone.

Last year they gave me a lot of trouble at the border since my truck is a 3/4 ton, so I wanted to try and get this taken care of beforehand.
jclaybennett is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-19-2018, 09:17 AM   #1133
Mexico
Pope & Young
 
Mexico's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Clear Lake Tx
Hunt In: Old Mexico, Centerville Tx
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jclaybennett View Post
Has anyone had any luck getting a vehicle permit online or at the consulate in Houston? I'm having hell with the website (it's all in Spanish) and can't seem to get anyone on the phone.

Last year they gave me a lot of trouble at the border since my truck is a 3/4 ton, so I wanted to try and get this taken care of beforehand.
The consulate in Houston is a joke if you're a gringo. Tried to get a truck permit issue resolved there many years ago and never got it fixed. Had better luck at the border.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
Mexico is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-19-2018, 09:23 AM   #1134
jclaybennett
Nubbin' Buck
 
jclaybennett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Tomball
Hunt In: Old & New Mexico, South Texas
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mexico View Post
The consulate in Houston is a joke if you're a gringo. Tried to get a truck permit issue resolved there many years ago and never got it fixed. Had better luck at the border.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
Yea, I showed up there yesterday and they wouldn't see me without an appointment. They gave me a number to call to schedule the appointment but it's just a black hole of Spanish speaking recordings.

I have heard they lifted the restrictions on trucks over 1/2 ton. Any truth to that?
jclaybennett is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-19-2018, 09:24 AM   #1135
EastTexasMan
Pope & Young
 
EastTexasMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: College Station, tx
Hunt In: A pop up Blind in East Texas & Old Mexico
Default

Here are a few pics from last weekend to illustrate how green it is. The flat with the feeder has been dirt since we first saw the place in March. This was the 5th trip and it doesn't look like a desert now. Owner said he can't remember a time it's rained this much over the past few months, we even found a big pond that was full of water between two stands.

Had some water get in our corn trailer and spoil some bags so they got about 40 bags poured down roads to the stands lol. Fixed that problem though!

checking guns was a breeze, no one there when we arrived and we were on our way in 30 mins. Saw about 4 more trucks of hunters cross while we were doing paperwork.
Attached Images
      

Last edited by EastTexasMan; 10-19-2018 at 09:30 AM.
EastTexasMan is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-19-2018, 09:30 AM   #1136
Mexico
Pope & Young
 
Mexico's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Clear Lake Tx
Hunt In: Old Mexico, Centerville Tx
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jclaybennett View Post
Yea, I showed up there yesterday and they wouldn't see me without an appointment. They gave me a number to call to schedule the appointment but it's just a black hole of Spanish speaking recordings.

I have heard they lifted the restrictions on trucks over 1/2 ton. Any truth to that?
Not sure, but I drive my 3/4 in all the time no issues, but I do not pass any checkpoints either so I'm probably no help.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
Mexico is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-19-2018, 09:32 AM   #1137
drop dead fred
Pope & Young
 
drop dead fred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Willis
Hunt In: TX, NE, MEXICO
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mexico View Post
Not sure, but I drive my 3/4 in all the time no issues, but I do not pass any checkpoints either so I'm probably no help.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk


I know several guys that drive 3/4 as well never had an issue... but also donít pass checkpoints


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
drop dead fred is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-19-2018, 09:40 AM   #1138
jclaybennett
Nubbin' Buck
 
jclaybennett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Tomball
Hunt In: Old & New Mexico, South Texas
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by drop dead fred View Post
I know several guys that drive 3/4 as well never had an issue... but also donít pass checkpoints


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The problem is the checkpoints. My lease is just past the first checkpoint, so I have to get the permit. I got it last year, but not after about a 2 hour cluster f at the border.
jclaybennett is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-19-2018, 09:41 AM   #1139
drop dead fred
Pope & Young
 
drop dead fred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Willis
Hunt In: TX, NE, MEXICO
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jclaybennett View Post
The problem is the checkpoints. My lease is just past the first checkpoint, so I have to get the permit. I got it last year, but not after about a 2 hour cluster f at the border.


Oh i can only imagine lol


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
drop dead fred is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-19-2018, 09:42 AM   #1140
Mexico
Pope & Young
 
Mexico's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Clear Lake Tx
Hunt In: Old Mexico, Centerville Tx
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jclaybennett View Post
The problem is the checkpoints. My lease is just past the first checkpoint, so I have to get the permit. I got it last year, but not after about a 2 hour cluster f at the border.
Right these is exactly why my days of crossing the checkpoint is over... years of headaches wasn't worth it.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
Mexico is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-19-2018, 11:50 AM   #1141
DPElite
Ten Point
 
DPElite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: FriendsHood
Hunt In: Mexico
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mexico View Post
Right these is exactly why my days of crossing the checkpoint is over... years of headaches wasn't worth it.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
I been crossing check points lately bubba and havenít had any issues in the diesel.
DPElite is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-20-2018, 08:22 AM   #1142
walker1983
Ten Point
 
walker1983's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Midland
Hunt In: Old Mexico - Shackelford - Callahan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastTexasMan View Post
Here are a few pics from last weekend to illustrate how green it is. The flat with the feeder has been dirt since we first saw the place in March. This was the 5th trip and it doesn't look like a desert now. Owner said he can't remember a time it's rained this much over the past few months, we even found a big pond that was full of water between two stands.

Had some water get in our corn trailer and spoil some bags so they got about 40 bags poured down roads to the stands lol. Fixed that problem though!

checking guns was a breeze, no one there when we arrived and we were on our way in 30 mins. Saw about 4 more trucks of hunters cross while we were doing paperwork.


Great pics. Those feeders look great.
Did you check in @ Columbia?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
walker1983 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-20-2018, 10:29 AM   #1143
Farmdog
Ten Point
 
Farmdog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Mercedes
Default

how many US citizens are hunting Mexico that hang out on the green screen? please give me an estimate. Thanks guys. Its just that everyone thinks Im all by myself. There has to be 20 from TBH right?
Farmdog is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-20-2018, 10:52 AM   #1144
Jbguide
Six Point
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Hunt In: Mexico
Default

Count me!!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Jbguide is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-20-2018, 10:56 AM   #1145
elgato
Ten Point
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Default

You can put me down plus generally have 20-30 thru the camp during a season some of which are on green screen
elgato is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-20-2018, 10:57 AM   #1146
drop dead fred
Pope & Young
 
drop dead fred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Willis
Hunt In: TX, NE, MEXICO
Default

1 plus another 9 of people that arenít on GS that hunt down there


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
drop dead fred is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-20-2018, 10:58 AM   #1147
Mexico
Pope & Young
 
Mexico's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Clear Lake Tx
Hunt In: Old Mexico, Centerville Tx
Default

With south and north ranches combined around 20 with clients. Several of who are on the greenscreen.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
Mexico is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-20-2018, 11:06 AM   #1148
DKey88
Six Point
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Louisiana
Hunt In: Mexico
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farmdog View Post
how many US citizens are hunting Mexico that hang out on the green screen? please give me an estimate. Thanks guys. Its just that everyone thinks Im all by myself. There has to be 20 from TBH right?

+1
DKey88 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-20-2018, 11:48 AM   #1149
EastTexasMan
Pope & Young
 
EastTexasMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: College Station, tx
Hunt In: A pop up Blind in East Texas & Old Mexico
Default Old Mexico 2018-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farmdog View Post
how many US citizens are hunting Mexico that hang out on the green screen? please give me an estimate. Thanks guys. Its just that everyone thinks Im all by myself. There has to be 20 from TBH right?


Talked to guy who works for angadi at border this past weekend... they gave out 8k tags prior to 2010 then dropped to 800 after all the **** went down... now about 1,600 a year in the Coahuila area.

4 of us on GS plus 1 whose not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by EastTexasMan; 10-20-2018 at 11:54 AM.
EastTexasMan is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-20-2018, 11:59 AM   #1150
Slick8
Pope & Young
 
Slick8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Richmond, Texas
Hunt In: In the woods
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastTexasMan View Post
Talked to guy who works for angadi at border this past weekend... they gave out 8k tags prior to 2010 then dropped to 800 after all the **** went down... now about 1,600 a year in the Coahuila area.

4 of us on GS plus 1 whose not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That right there has likely done wonders for deer numbers and age retention. Less people per acre hunting makes deer live longer.

Farmdog, I don't hunt Mexico but would like to some day and read this thread often.
Slick8 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:23 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Copyright 1999-2012, TexasBowhunter.com