587 Ranch Hunt recap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

587 Ranch Hunt recap

My son and i just returned from a 3-day pig hunt at the 587 Ranch and cannot wait to return! Tim and his wife were great, accommodations were excellent and the shot opportunities were very good. Tim was extremely accommodating despite my last second request to change my planned hunt dates that were still several days away, to…”hey Tim my wife wants me out of the house can I arrive in several hours?” Despite arriving late (poor navigation skills) he couldn’t have been more gracious and had us in tree stands with in an hour. 2 hours, later, 2 pigs dead! Next morning, no luck...but later that evening on the second night my son had a massive sounder come in an he shot himself a fine 90lb sow…I on the other hand had a "premature release” with several pigs 10 yards away! We weren’t done hunting so after midnight we did some stalking with Tim’s Bushmaster AR-15 w/IR scope. Didn’t see much, but got some shots off at running pig, but no luck. We were having so much fun that we decided to stay for another night. Conditions weren’t great for the bow, hence no luck with the sticks…so we stalked with the AR and killed a nice 70lb boar.

To wrap it up, I highly recommend the 587 and I am looking forward to returning with a bunch of my pals..soon! Plentiful pigs, a ton of beautiful deer & turkeys and lots of other critters.

Thanks Tim you Rock!
    Attached Files

awesome stuff! Thanks for giving them a review!

Comment

Did you get the pictures I texted you of your sons bow kill?

Thanks for the review. Always nice to get people on pigs with their bows.

Comment

Tim is a great guy. With an excellent place. But y’all don’t need to book him all up. We need some critters too ! Lol

Comment

One of my favorite places in the state.

Comment

Is there a website for the ranch?

Comment

Originally posted by mikeyb_23 View Post
              Is there a website for the ranch?
              587ranch.com. It's listed on Airbnb too under 587 ranch.

Comment

Awesome place, great people! See ya in November!

Comment

Working...
                X