Lake Waco

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by itsgood1308 View Post
    Anyone that's hunted lake Waco before...is it logical to leave a pop up at dark and then expect it to be there in the morning? It'd sure make things easier.
    If you have your own parcel and not one of the a&b zones where you are sharing the hunting ground with another group you should be fine leaving your gear. Ive left my popup and two handons each of the last three years and never had a problem.
    This only applies during gun season, however.

Comment

I have never left a popup but I have left my portable ladder stands up overnight. I just make sure that I leave really late and get in the stand really early. There is some risk, but I have never had my stuff taken. I definitely would never leave stuff up for multiple days or even during the day if you leave during the day.

Comment

Originally posted by Nocturnal85 View Post
        Free land to hunt is always going to have people on it. What do hunters expect to happen? I just have to be consistent in going and have more than one spot to hunt. I just think of it as a bunch of bass fisherman trying to fight for the best spot. Just find another area and keep fishing!! Everyone is out to do good for the most part. Shrug off the difficult people and don't let it ruin your season!
        X2 totally agree with you on this I use to hunt public land all the time around lake aqullia it was packed some times but it kept the deer moving just had to be n the right spot at the right time. If its gonna happen it will.

Comment

Scouted last Friday while it was raining, found some good looking areas. Some which folks have already been corning. Went back Saturday to put corn out and found the best route to and from the stand without disturbing other hunters. Good luck to everyone and hopefully I won't see ya on Sunday lol

Comment

Anyone Talk To The Game Warden This Morning? He Was Waiting At The Gate When We Came Out. Somebody Fired Off A Shot At First Light And He Was Trying To Figure Out Where Came From..

Comment

We are camping over at Midway and he came and spoke with us as well. The shots were right behind us

Comment

Did anyone have any luck? I had a fawn come in and a big doe but couldn't
                get a shot they were real skidish. I found out later that a guy was walking around with a crossbow.

Comment

Last night was slow, just saw one young buck. This morning was better. Nothing till the rain stopped at 830, then saw 2 fawns, 3 Doe and two young bucks all within 40 yds. Had a shot a the biggest doe at 30 yds quartering hard away, but passed thinking she was going to close the distance. Of course, she didn't, and instead went the other way. Traffic was slow sat pm and Sunday am. Two other hunters yesterday pm and no other hunters this morning. So much for the woods being full of hunters due to no permits needed.

Comment

Thinking about heading out tomorrow morning, are y'all hunting from the trees or ground?

Comment

Hang on stand and climbing sticks.

Comment

Pop up. We've seen a few decent deer, we are hoping to get my best friend his first deer bright and early this morning. We've only seen one hunter but I hear alot of them in the mornings.

Comment

I Will Be In A Stand!! Wont Be Able To Get Out Until Thurs p.m.

Comment

Heard today that there was no one answering the phone at corps office. I guess they might be at home due to govt shutdown??? Anyone know if it affecting the hunting area access if this is the case?

Comment

I Don't Think It Should. But You Never Now.. I Going To Go Until They Tell Me Not To.

Comment

Any reports on how the hunting is going on since the govt. shut down and boat ramps closed?? There any deer left? lol haha

Comment

Working...
                                X