No announcement yet.

6.5-300

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's why I don't own one. Barrel has too short of life. I thought everyone knew that Weatherby ammo was the flattest shooting, most accurate, hardest hitting ammo around

Comment

6.5-300

Originally posted by camourbo57 View Post
      So the recoil is low? I have a 300 wby and it kicks like a mule so recoil was a big thing I wanted to touch on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It will be a little less that a 300 WBY but it uses the 300 WBY as the parent case so not much less.

As to performance, it is faster than the 26 Nosler and considerably faster than the 264 Win Mag which is based on the 7 mag case.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
      Last edited by Mike D; 03-25-2018, 11:05 AM.

Comment

The 26 nosler will more than likely have a longer barrel life correct?

Comment

6.5-300

Originally posted by camourbo57 View Post
          The 26 nosler will more than likely have a longer barrel life correct?

Debatable at best. They are both very overbore cartridges. From my experience the extremely long throat and double radius shoulder of the Weatherby cases tend to help with barrel and brass life.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
            Debatable at best. They are both very overbore cartridges. From my experience the extremely long throat and double radius shoulder of the Weatherby cases tend to help with barrel and brass life.

Well that would be my first choice is the Weatherby but barrel life was definitely a concern.

Comment

I killed three deer with mine with the 127 grain Barnes LRX.

Comment

My friend has one for sale pm if interested.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

I’ve had mine for 2yrs now and love it. Built it off a 700 action w/26” Lilja fluted barrel sitting on a McMillan stock. Mines recoil it that of a 270, and that w/o a brake.
                  There will be lots of people commenting on it being a “barrel burner” which in the eyes of bench shooters it is, BUT for my purpose(strictly hunting) and IF for some reason I shoot 20 rounds a year down her a year I’m looking at min 25yrs of use before I see any issues....that’s figured on a 500rnd barrel life of course, and I’m perfectly fine with that.

Furthest harvest to date has been 387yds on a SoTX buck last year.

jrg

Comment

Originally posted by Darton View Post
                    Then maybe you should market a less expensive alternative cause you would be the first

If he is the first I’d be the second.

Comment

Yes it is a hot round, barrel burner or what ever you want to call it but sometimes you want the speed. Glad they do not skimp on fast fighters for our military, fast and hot ain't cheap.

Like some have said above generally rounds like the 6.5-300, 26 Nosler or even the 264 Win Mag are not cartridges you go out and blast a few hundred rounds a range trip. I might shoot the screamers 50 times a year but on average is usually less.

Comment

Working...
                      X