Air Fryer thoughts Pros/cons???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Air Fryer thoughts Pros/cons???

Well my wife is trying to talk me into an air fryer. Does anyone have one? Any brands better than others? Recipes?

I have a Brinkman and like it, but it really just bakes with propane.

Comment

I love ours. Fast and easy. Ours is a Phillips

Comment

Sounds like a yuppie fried steak in the making. Just throw it in some grease

Comment

Originally posted by Sleepy View Post
          Sounds like a yuppie fried steak in the making. Just throw it in some grease
          Well this thing is supposed to cook it faster

Comment

Originally posted by aggie2000tx View Post
            Well this thing is supposed to cook it faster
            Lol I know. I’m just pickin. I’ve heard they work pretty good

Comment

We got one as a gift and does a decent job on what we have tried in it. I have to say it makes some good wings

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I got one as a gift. Really good at wings and chicken legs. Just season and throw in there. Really good with frozen fries and tots. Some other stuff has come out not so well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

We have the Breville Smart Oven that can cook in 13 different ways including air fry. We bought it for the ranch so we can cook no matter the weather but we bring it back and forth. We use it once a week. It was pricey though.

It cooks faster than the oven and doesn’t take as long to get going. I like the air fryer feature.

Comment

Fries, tots and frozen breaded meats are good, but breaded fish is much better just plain fried.

Comment

Mine makes an awesome breakfast

Hash browns eggs and throw on a couple eggs for the last 5 min

Add onions and peppers too

Handy little item

As far as oil goes

A little aerosol spray oil is best

Especially on fries onion rings and wings

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

I have two. I purchased the Power Air Fryer XL off an infomercial about 2 years ago. First I had ever seen one and had to have it. That thing REALLY works! Best Fries, wings and anything else you can think of. Great for heating up leftovers.

Last Christmas I got the NEW Power Air Oven, it has a rotisserie, and dehydrator built in. It worked OK for 91 days then took a dump one day after the warranty. I do NOT recommend that model.

My Power Air fryer XL is still working great after 2 years of use and sometimes abuse.

I haven't tried any of the other brands mentioned but I bet they all work about the same.

I say you pull the trigger and get you one.

Comment

So are these much different than the new wave cookers?

Comment

Originally posted by wlee15 View Post
                            I have two. I purchased the Power Air Fryer XL off an infomercial about 2 years ago. First I had ever seen one and had to have it. That thing REALLY works! Best Fries, wings and anything else you can think of. Great for heating up leftovers.

Last Christmas I got the NEW Power Air Oven, it has a rotisserie, and dehydrator built in. It worked OK for 91 days then took a dump one day after the warranty. I do NOT recommend that model.

My Power Air fryer XL is still working great after 2 years of use and sometimes abuse.

I haven't tried any of the other brands mentioned but I bet they all work about the same.

I say you pull the trigger and get you one.
                            Well the Power Airfryer XL is what Sams has that she was showing me last night. It is priced at $119 and includes a deep baking pan and a deep fryer basket. It goes on sale for $89 today

Comment

it's a mini convection oven.

For all those that end up with leftovers of the less than healthy fried variety, no more throwing them out or feeding to the pooches or trash pandas.

We inherited one from the B/S-IL's which then went to the F/M-IL's...let's just say the Bush's chicken leftovers taste as good 4 days out, including fries, as they did fresh...no joke

Been experimenting, works great on leftover pizza as well

The one we have is about the size of a crock pot, bucket type, need to look around for a variant that is more like a toaster oven size for flat/expansive leftovers.

But by all means, just on the leftover side of things, they work like a champ!

Comment

Working...
                              X