This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JPbruni Update - I'm Still Alive! Your Prayers Are Working

It's been pretty crazy the last couple of weeks! As most of you know when I came back from M.D. Anderson, I was in bad shape and they put me on Hospice. I honestly thought I had a couple of weeks to go. They had me on about 15 different pills and I was basically drugged out. I'm actually having some issues with memory from that time period. People came to visit me and I won't remember until they or my wife tells me!

I also had blood clots in both my legs and some serious nausea/vomiting issues. I lost my sense of taste and was only eating Popsicles and Jell-O and I lost a lot of weight. Well, my wife and I decided to stop taking almost ALL of the meds and I had had nothing but what I will label as a miraculous turnaround! They also started me on Coumadin for thinning my blood. I take it and 2 other pills and that's it. All of the sudden my legs started working again and I'm out of the wheelchair! Have not used it in a couple of weeks,

My mind cleared up and I am basically back to normal with speaking and memory as well. I got my taste buds back and now I'm eating full meals again and gaining back some weight. It's like I've done a complete 180!

I've got more energy and I can get around! Last Sunday I ventured out to Tractor Supply. It was the first time I had been out of the driveway in a long, long time and it felt GREAT to get out! I also had a BEER! It was an ice cold Heineken and it tasted absolutely incredible!

This has been such a blessing as I have been able to get sooo much stuff accomplished. My will is in order and we have done a lot of things in cleaning and fixing up the house. I really feel that I am leaving my wife and 2 boys in great shape. All of this is because I have been given this extra time and energy. I made a self-imposed goal as well. I AM going to take the boat out (with the help of two friends) on Lake Austin and catch the biggest bass I've ever caught! I've caught one just shy of 8 lbs so it's pretty realistic. They are pulling lots of ten pounders right now. It's the perfect time of the year and that lake is on fire right now.

Anyway...I'm still here! The cancer is still spreading all over my body right now, but I'm dealing with that. Right now I need to get the most out of every single day and I'm doing my best to do just that. I just saw what happened with getting Jeff Young his bed and I continue to be totally blown away by the generosity from this incredible place! It took less than 48 hours! Amazing!

I so appreciate all of your prayers, love and continued support. You will never know how much this means to me and my incredible wife (who should be up for Sainthood!). Thank You so much.

J.P.

Prayers sent buddy. Catch a giant!

Comment

That's awesome! Glad to see an update and that you are able to enjoy time with your family.

Comment

Originally posted by jpbruni View Post
        It's been pretty crazy the last couple of weeks! As most of you know when I came back from M.D. Anderson, I was in bad shape and they put me on Hospice. I honestly thought I had a couple of weeks to go. They had me on about 15 different pills and I was basically drugged out. I'm actually having some issues with memory from that time period. People came to visit me and I won't remember until they or my wife tells me!

I also had blood clots in both my legs and some serious nausea/vomiting issues. I lost my sense of taste and was only eating Popsicles and Jell-O and I lost a lot of weight. Well, my wife and I decided to stop taking almost ALL of the meds and I had had nothing but what I will label as a miraculous turnaround! They also started me on Coumadin for thinning my blood. I take it and 2 other pills and that's it. All of the sudden my legs started working again and I'm out of the wheelchair! Have not used it in a couple of weeks,

My mind cleared up and I am basically back to normal with speaking and memory as well. I got my taste buds back and now I'm eating full meals again and gaining back some weight. It's like I've done a complete 180!

I've got more energy and I can get around! Last Sunday I ventured out to Tractor Supply. It was the first time I had been out of the driveway in a long, long time and it felt GREAT to get out! I also had a BEER! It was an ice cold Heineken and it tasted absolutely incredible!

This has been such a blessing as I have been able to get sooo much stuff accomplished. My will is in order and we have done a lot of things in cleaning and fixing up the house. I really feel that I am leaving my wife and 2 boys in great shape. All of this is because I have been given this extra time and energy. I made a self-imposed goal as well. I AM going to take the boat out (with the help of two friends) on Lake Austin and catch the biggest bass I've ever caught! I've caught one just shy of 8 lbs so it's pretty realistic. They are pulling lots of ten pounders right now. It's the perfect time of the year and that lake is on fire right now.

Anyway...I'm still here! The cancer is still spreading all over my body right now, but I'm dealing with that. Right now I need to get the most out of every single day and I'm doing my best to do just that. I just saw what happened with getting Jeff Young his bed and I continue to be totally blown away by the generosity from this incredible place! It took less than 48 hours! Amazing!

I so appreciate all of your prayers, love and continued support. You will never know how much this means to me and my incredible wife (who should be up for Sainthood!). Thank You so much.

J.P.

Amazing story! thanks for sharing! We will continue to pray!
        never ever take your eyes off of Jesus. He loves you so very much!!
        blessings!!

Comment

Knee mail sent! Your a STRONG MAN!

Comment

Still praying for you and yours JP! Your outlook on all this is both inspiring and humbling. We all need to learn to enjoy every minute, every breath we take...

Comment

Catch a whopper JP. These prayers are going to work. We will keep them coming.

Comment

Comment

Awesome to hear from you with great news!.....go for a 12# bass...why the heck not...better yet I want to see you get one that will go into the share a lunker program!Still pray for you and yours..but so happy you are kick'n but and take'n names!Prayers of strength, courage(you got this), love and peace to you all!

Comment

So glad to see this thread!!!!!!! So good to see you post!!!!! Still praying for you, bud!

Comment

Wow, an amazing story of inspiration.
                      Prayers for you and yours.

Comment

Awesome update JP. You are a fighter! I know modern medicine does some great things but those meds can really mess things up sometimes too. I am looking forward to the picture of that 10 pounder! Prayers continue for you buddy!

Comment

Continued Prayers

Comment

So Awesome!!!!! Continued Prayers!!!!!!

Comment

Great to hear JP. My best friend has the Lake Austin record bass. If he can catch 'em, anyone can. He's a tbh'er as well. Goes by Adnoh.

Good luck and I hope you have many many fishing trips ahead

We all love you meester!

Comment

Working...
                              X