Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what's your favorite venison meal in the crock-pot?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what's your favorite venison meal in the crock-pot?

I'm a poor college student with a freezer full of venison and a crock-pot. If y'all could shoot me a few great recipes i would be much obliged.

It really depends on what all you have.

For me in corckpot:

Ground meat = chili

Roasts = pot roast & stew

Round steak = stew or cook in a brown gravy kinda deal

Heck for that matter you can even heat up smoked link sausage in there too.

Just look up beef crock-pot recipes and roll with it!

I love cooking wild game in my crock pot...enjoy!

Comment

-Make them into meatballs using an egg, some bread crumbs and a bit of olive oil and seasonings, brown them throw them into a crock pot with gravy or spaghetti sauce!

-if you have cubed meat then carne guisada is easy, look for Fiesta Brand spices, they have a carne guisada mix that is good.

-Deer steaks are great with a can of cream of chicken soup a little watered down and a packet of ranch dressing mix

-Mix ground venison with a little butter or olive oil, some bread crumbs, onion, bell pepper, and make meatloaf out of it in the crock pot, just shape it in there and let it roll on low.

Also, making baked potatoed in the crock pot are super easy, wrap them in foil and let them go low for 18 hours. A cheap alternative.
      Then you can brown your deer meat and add some barbque sauce and make a stuffed potato!

Hope those help, we live off deer meat, and I love cooking with a crock pot.

Comment

I had a big gallon bag of cubed up meat that I was going to grind up but got lazy and ended up just putting it in the crock pot with a bag of onion soup mix, some beef broth and some other spices (cayenne, salt, pepper, garlic powder) and let it go on low for 8 or 9hrs and then shredded it up and made sandwiches and burritos, ect. Good stuff and EASY.

Comment

Drop a shoulder in with whole chopped onion, bottle of BBQ, and 8oz bottle of zesty Italian, and some Ragin Blaze! 4 hrs on high

Comment

We take cubed up venision stew meat lightly dust and brown off in skillet with a little olive oil. Punt meat in crockpot add chopped onion and garlic minced. Then add 1 can of enchallida sauce and 1 can tomato sauce and 1 beer. Let cook till it falls apart and serve over rice or just put it in a tortilla.

Comment

venison potatoes onions carrots celery garlic chili powder cumin and salt cook till meat falls apart and enjoy

Comment

thanks fellas!

Comment

Man, y'all are making me hungry.

Comment

Originally posted by brrdnk View Post
                    We take cubed up venision stew meat lightly dust and brown off in skillet with a little olive oil. Punt meat in crockpot add chopped onion and garlic minced. Then add 1 can of enchallida sauce and 1 can tomato sauce and 1 beer. Let cook till it falls apart and serve over rice or just put it in a tortilla.
                    Sounds good.......

Comment

I keep roasts from does and cook them in a crock pot, they have been big hits even with people who don't eat vension.

Mix one can of Cream of Mushroom soup with half a soup can of hot water and a half a soup can of Half&Half. Stir all the lumps out and pour in pot.

Rub roast with favorite seasoning (Mine is Grub Rub and Tony's) and put in pot.

Pour Liptons Onion Soup Mix Dry on top of the roast.

Drop a wad of sour cream on top of it.

Cook on high for 8-9 hours.

Yum!!!

Comment

ProV1: I have a hunt coming up where we are providing meals. will be three gals and four fellas.. i think I will do this for one of our evening meals.. thanks.. i will do some stewed taters and onions for a side..

Comment

I always just use a fork and strip it up and serve over rice with the gravy it makes. Makes smaller roasts go a long way.

Comment

Interesting thread. I packaged several "roasts" from 2 deer this year rather than just grinding everything but loin. Since my wife went back to work she has shifted her normal gourmet cooking routine to the crockpot. However, she told me to just go ahead and grind those roasts up because venison is too lean to cook in a crockpot and that it would just get dry and tough. ??? Maybe I'll show her this thread.... or maybe I'll just keep my mouth shut and enjoy what she puts on the table

Comment

TexaRican: or............... you could cook one and impress her with your culinary skills acquired thru the Green Screen

Comment

Working...
                              X