Would you move to Wyoming??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Would you move to Wyoming??

Ok here is the deal have been told that there might be big changes that are not in my favor in the future where I work .. I am 28 happily married debt free with a baby on the way( due July 3rd) . we do not make a large amount but we are not broke and live under our means.
    Here is the idea that I move to Wyoming . Neither one of have us is making big$$$ where we are so has been brought to mind that if I want to move to say Wyoming now would be the time. Talking to friend up there income could be doable and in some cases maybe better price of living is not as high it seems. The pluses would be clean air beautiful country good schools and away from the metro mess and so on . Also seems like some of the cities are on the growth up there so you would still have most necessities near by. Cons well leaving family and friends and cold winters. What would you do or consider?
    Just a thought I would throw out there
    Thanks
    Matt

I'm kinda in the same boat. I'm 25 with 9month old and $$$ at work isn't what I want. I'm making it and doing a little better than breaking even depending on if its a 4 or 5 week month. I've thought about moving but my other half refuses to leave her family here. If it were up to me, as long as the schools are good and you'll be happy with the area I'ld seriously consider going. If it woud be better for your family than you owe it to them and yourself to atleast figure out the pros/cons.

Comment

If I were in a position to try it and my wife was in as well, you darn well betcha I would...

Comment

you have a transferable profession that is in demand up there? if not, what skills do you have that you can utilize to sell yourself?

on top of that, are you considering the extra costs of utilities during those cold months? the fact that you'll need to double your family's wardrobe to stay warm during those months?

just some food for thought. what city you thinking about going to?

Comment

Been trying to convince the wife to do the same for about 20 years.

Comment

just remember...you can always come back

Comment

One thing to keep in mind the Texas economy is far ahead of most other states so if you are looking to make more money I'm not sure Wyoming would be the place to go. I would do your homework very well and do a lot of research on the demographics of the area you are looking to move.

Also maybe PM XTBrian on here. He lived up there for a couple of years and could probably give you some advice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

You ain't packed yet?
                Last edited by Blood Trail; 01-25-2011, 02:54 PM.

Comment

Tell you guys I just came from there...... The wind blows all the time(winter or summer) and winters are beyond brutal. Just saying

Comment

Some small town's people don't look favorable on outsiders coming in and taking jobs from their families. Medium sized towns may be best. You can always come home.

Comment

If you are not from there I would go up there and spend a month during the "Cold Winter" you mentioned. I found that out about CO pretty quick. Nice to visit and spend some time at to ski, hunt, vacation, etc but I don't care to live where there is 36"+ snow on the ground for 6months out of the year.

Comment

Depends on where you are talking about. I passed up the career opportunity of a lifetime because of where it was in Wyoming (Rock Springs). With a little one on the way, you want to be picky about schools, crime rate, etc.
                        Basically I had to pick between a once in a lifetime career opportunity that meant moving my family to a place with a higher than average crime rate, weak schools, etc. or staying where I am at. In the end we chose to stay here. I would rather make less $ and be in a place that is good for my family.

Wyoming does have some beautiful areas that are desireable, but the cost of living and the job markets in those areas reflect it. I would stay away from Rock Springs, and the bigger cities. Places that would be nice would be Sheridan, Buffalo, Riverton, Lander, etc.

Comment

You got a snow shovel

Comment

Have you ever been there in December?!?! I work in North Dakota because the $ is really good. Would I move there... HELL no!!! You would hate it brother!

Comment

We're only here on this earth for a little while. Follow your dreams and live life to the fullest.

Comment

Working...
                              X