talk me out of a 300 RUM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

talk me out of a 300 RUM

thinking about trying to pick up a R7000 bdl in 300 RUM. ive got a buddy that is trying to talk me into a 300 wsm but as of now im leaning towards the RUM.

ballistics look really good. muzzle break is going to be a must, sounds like that takes it down to just about the recoil of a 243

It destroys whitetails!

Comment

Its a great round, cant go wrong with it. Between my brother and I weve killed probably 50 animals over the last 10 years. If you can see it the RUM will kill it

Comment

If you want it, get it.

Comment

did you compare bullet cost? and availability?

just get a 30-378 weatherby

Comment

You wont regret the 300 rum

Comment

DO IT

Comment

Not here, I want one for a 1000yd rifle.

Comment

Just bought a WSM yesterday. Can't wait to take her for a test drive.

Comment

Love mine. Good for everything up to Moose. Killed pigs to Kudu and love mine. No muzzle break on mine but the sendero model with the bull barrell takes some of the kick out.

Comment

It punishes on both ends and if you know the ballistics a less abusive caliber will have the same results.

Comment

Comment

They are nice at the range everybody gives you room with the noise without a muzzle brake. I can only imagine the noise with one. I have noticed the kick zeroing in but not bad at all while taking the shot on a hunt. Just make sure you have her seated in your pocket good and hold on to her.

Comment

Wouldn't think of getting rid of mine. Mine is sporter weight and gives a punch off the bench but never feel it in the field. No muzzle brake.

Comment

I'd get a 300 Weatherby.

Comment

Working...
                              X