Rain In The Hill Country

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rain In The Hill Country

We are supposed to get some pretty good rain in South East Texas, sure hope we get some of this in the Hill Country. My place in Sonora sure needs it bad.

We got enough to settle the dust here at Richland Springs last night. Still looks promising for this afternoon. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Comment

This year has been odd for rainfall. My place in odessa has been getting regular rain all summer. We are at 9.84 inches in odessa as of today but it's been spread out evenly. Not in rocksprings I've gotten more but its all come from 3 storms and that's it.

Comment

We were out of Rocksprings this weekend, it drizzled yesterday evening, stopped and then off and on through the night.. not a significant amount but everything was wet when we got up this morning.. never was a steady rain though

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Our place in Sonora has been getting plenty of rain the last 3 weeks and is green and lush. When is the last time you were at your place to see it? Might be pleasantly surprised. I know Sonora got some good rain the last 2 days too.

Comment

Lometa is dry - and still green from the last batch of rain............

Comment

Was in Sonora yesterday very dry need a lot of rain on our place.

Comment

Was at our lease in Mason over the weekend. Still a little bit green from the last rain but definitely dry again (kick up dust on the lease roads while driving). You could definitely tell it won't be long before things were brown again if it doesn't rain soon.

Comment

We had right at 2” of rain in SE Mason County last night. Very thankful, and hoping we get some more as the week goes on.

Comment

I'm out at my place in rocksprings 1 of every 3 weeks and i was there 22-27 aug.
                    It was green from 3 inches we got on the 11 but before that we hadn't gotten enough to register in the rain gauge in in over 8 weeks.

Comment

Ha, didn't see your thread before I resurrected mine.
                      1/10th here in Pipe Creek. Better than nothing, I guess.

Comment

I’ve had 6 1/4” in the last 8 days here in Spicewood. Looks like spring.

Comment

Originally posted by bukkskin View Post
                          Ha, didn't see your thread before I resurrected mine.
                          1/10th here in Pipe Creek. Better than nothing, I guess.
                          I live in Pipe Creek and we have had 7 plus inches since the third.

Comment

I got 2.5 here in Richland Springs....sure could use a lot more.

Comment

Working...
                            X