Finger Orientation Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finger Orientation Question

I shoot my laminated bows 3 under and I just got a self bow and have been shooting that 3 under as well. I notice I seem to shoot high with my laminated bows after shooting my self bow.

Just wondering if shooting split finger on the self bow would help with the height adjustment when I switch to 3 under on the laminated bows after shooting the self bow.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

I shoot split everything. I know I shoot WAY low trying three under. It all depends on your anchor. I think I would find it really hard to jump between the two. Though, I can’t stand how three under feels so take that for what it’s worth!

Comment

I used to shoot split with a glove then fell in love with the tab. Kept getting bad blisters on my index finger so switched to 3 under. I tried split on the self bow tonight and was shooting everything high with the same achor as 3 under. So it got me to thinking which is why I posted this question.

Comment

Shooting instinctive, I think you just have to shoot enough with each bow using the same finger position to let brain make the elevation adjustment. You can cheat a little by picking a spot to walk it up to and gain a little awareness of bow hand elevation, but your brain can adjust pretty quickly -- I would think in a couple dozen shots. Just have to warm up with whichever bow you plan to shoot with immediately, like on a 3D round.

BTW, you planning to make the Austin 3D shoot Sunday? if so, hope to see you.

Comment

Originally posted by tradtiger View Post
          Shooting instinctive, I think you just have to shoot enough with each bow using the same finger position to let brain make the elevation adjustment. You can cheat a little by picking a spot to walk it up to and gain a little awareness of bow hand elevation, but your brain can adjust pretty quickly -- I would think in a couple dozen shots. Just have to warm up with whichever bow you plan to shoot with immediately, like on a 3D round.

BTW, you planning to make the Austin 3D shoot Sunday? if so, hope to see you.
          I'll be there. Not sure I'll make it by the 630 opening...but I'll be there.

Comment

You have to experiment and find out what will work for you, but there is no way I could switch back and forth! Like Ellis said, I have to just spend a few extra minutes at the practice range till my little pea brain kinda gets it figured out!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by cbc0905 View Post
              I used to shoot split with a glove then fell in love with the tab. Kept getting bad blisters on my index finger so switched to 3 under. I tried split on the self bow tonight and was shooting everything high with the same achor as 3 under. So it got me to thinking which is why I posted this question.

Same happened for me on my Sarrels Lynx. All my riser yardage marking had to be moved down going from split to 3under.

Comment

I'm not going to go into any long drawn out thing.

Whether it be 3 under, or split finger, the farther below your eyes you anchor, the longer your point on distance will be.

Rick

Comment

Originally posted by RickBarbee View Post

Whether it be 3 under, or split finger, the farther below your eyes you anchor, the longer your point on distance will be.

Rick
                  So if I anchor at my eye . . . ?

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
                    So if I anchor at my eye . . . ?

Your point on distance will be closer.

Rick

Comment

Does that only apply if you shoot gap or string walk?

Comment

Not sure how to apply it to instinctive.

Comment

I've been messing around with some different anchors, three under and stuff. Its awkward but I'm trying.

Comment

Originally posted by RickBarbee View Post

Rick
                            Rick, been waiting for you to chime in. So does shooting split lower point on?

Comment

I would say given the same anchor point, say middle finger in corner of mouth, split would move point on out further.

Comment

Working...
                              X