Mountain Boots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bphillips View Post
    Plastics not needed I asked that first. Leather recommended but not a must. Will be in the Brooks. It's hard to see but there is also a pretty good rubberized coating over most of the materieal and especially in high wear areas. I've read quite a few guys up there using synthetic boots when plastic isn't needed to save weight. May have to buy some more often but to some it seems worth it. I won't use them near as much as Alaska residents

Seamless lower will also be good to keep from having stitchings cut or tear
    As long as they pass the guides inspection you should be golden. The Brooks can be tough on boots. Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by Hughiam View Post
      As long as they pass the guides inspection you should be golden. The Brooks can be tough on boots. Good luck!
      I actually talked to him again today cuz you had me second guessing. He said they should be perfect

Comment

Originally posted by bphillips View Post
        I actually talked to him again today cuz you had me second guessing. He said they should be perfect
        Same guide as your bear hunt?

Comment

Originally posted by thebomb6_99 View Post
          Same guide as your bear hunt?
          Yes sir

Comment

Rifle or bow?

Comment

Originally posted by thebomb6_99 View Post
              Rifle or bow?
              Rifle. Probably not a hunt I can justify the cost of again for quite a while

Comment

Awesome boots, good luck on hunt

Comment

UPS just delivered me a new pair of Lowa Caminos today. Will use these this fall on my Moose/Dall Sheep/Grizzly hunt this fall. So far they fit well but they need to be broken in before I can give them a thumbs up.

Comment

Originally posted by TexasTK View Post
                    UPS just delivered me a new pair of Lowa Caminos today. Will use these this fall on my Moose/Dall Sheep/Grizzly hunt this fall. So far they fit well but they need to be broken in before I can give them a thumbs up.
                    Nice sounds like an awesome hunt. I'll add grizzly if I have time but no moose

I threw these on day before yesterday for a test run and put 4 miles with 42lb pack. Pretty short and not super heavy but no sore spots at all and feet got hot and sweaty. Heel holds in place nice and no slipping

Comment

Moose is my target animal but if I tag early will shift gears and go after sheep. Of course if during the hunt we come across a decent bear I would certainly go after him.

Comment

Working...
                      X