X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sitka Beanie

Do any of yall have this beanie?
    Looks legit.

I have a big dome wondering if it will fit or be to small.

SITKA Gear uses advanced design, technology and fabrics to create gear systems that enhance the experience of the hunter.

$80 for a beanie?

Comment

I thought $25 for my ua one was high

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

They're really proud of that. I have a bug head and just go to the Army Navy store and buy a couple for less than $10 each year because I know I'll leave em in my bag or the truck

Comment

For the record i payed $30 for my kuiu guide series beanie, and it is awesome.

Comment

Most overrpiced brand on the market.

Comment

I have a couple Sitka beanies and they are great.

Comment

Originally posted by RustyRanchero View Post
                Most overrpiced brand on the market.
                I have a bunch of their gear and a full size pack. Yes its spendy stuff but here's the deal for me........If its top notch stuff I pay for it once just like all my North Face, REI, etc. type stuff. I literally have 6 or more containers of older cheaper camo gear etc. and its all faded or falling apart.
                I have an REI Half Dome backpack tent that is in great shape still at 24 years.

Comment

I had Sitka. I sold everything but the gloves. Only reason I kept the gloves was they were in such bad condition I could not sell. The seams were coming apart. Sitka gear is not durable. Unless it says so, pieces are not waterproof or windproof. You can layer much cheaper using hiking or ski gear. It is very expensive and the technology is there. If you go on a big sheep hunt and then never use it again, this is the gear for you. If you put gear to the test, like I do, you will be disappointed as I was.

Comment

I agree that Sitka is overpriced but it's the best brand that I have found so far. I have a lot of it, but I never pay retail prices. If you shop around you can find discounted or used items at bargain prices. As far as function and durability it's the best I've tried, and I've put mine through the ringer on some serious mountain hunts from Africa to Turkey to the western US, but obviously your mileage and experience may vary.

As for your beanie question, I haven't tried that particular one but I have at least one of most of the others and I like them a lot.
                    The merino is my favorite.

Comment

Working...
                    X