No announcement yet.

Lake Meredith 2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does anyone have any recent pics of the lake? Or any info on the level? Is the blue west ramp usable yet? Thanks!

Comment

We got light snow for most of the day but it's not cold enough for any of it to accumulate. Possibly more coming in tonight.

Comment

The lake is a little over 64 feet now. I haven't been over to the Blue West boat ramp in a long time but it was one of the first ramps to go dry. I would think it's going to need to be 70 or more feet before that ramp is usable. But don't quote me on that.

Man the geese have really been flying in the last couple of days.

Comment

Originally posted by fishanhunt View Post
          The lake is a little over 64 feet now. I haven't been over to the Blue West boat ramp in a long time but it was one of the first ramps to go dry. I would think it's going to need to be 70 or more feet before that ramp is usable. But don't quote me on that.

Man the geese have really been flying in the last couple of days.
          Yes sir they have!

Comment

Originally posted by Darkarcher159 View Post
            We have left our trucks in both locations that you mentioned and never had a problem. We have camped at Plum Creek and Blue West and never had a problem either. I hope I just did not jinx us!!!

Did they get any snow up there today?
            Couple flurries.

Comment

Went out today and it sucked.

Comment

Originally posted by Dude Briggs View Post
                We had a great trip even though we didnt draw blood, lost count of all the mule deer we spotted. The 1st day we counted a total of 16 mulies although only 2 were bucks. The 2 bucks were on the top of the next canyon over and our plan was to spot them the next morning and put a stalk on.... next morning those bucks were nowhere to be found and since the wind completely changed directions on us we never could figure out where they went. We did however follow a family of a doe, 2 fawns and what we think were her 2 yearlings from the year before. We saw them everyday and were even able to stalk up on them to about 60 yards and watch them for hours doing their thing. Moma would almost fall asleep chewing her cud until the lil ones would get up and wander off and she would yell at them to come back, it was funny watching them like that with them having no idea we were there. Unfortunately we never saw any more bucks after that 1st day but we did learn alot more about the behavior of those mule deer and it feels like we're really close to making it happen. I'll try to post pics later.
                Has your group looked into potentially hunting out of state to see about getting into some muleys? I recently discovered some great muley hunting with tons of bucks all on public and relatively cheap, tags are $350 and are over the counter. Only downside is it would be another 8 or so hours onto the drive, but I have seen more bucks in 3 weekends of hunting than I ever did down at meredith and some really nice quality deer as well if you spent a few days hunting and boot in the boot leather to locate them. Very first day out at my new hunting area had a very nice 8pt muley at 65 yards but he was just a hair out of my max range of 50 yards with my current set up, and had a ton of smaller bucks at ranges closer than that and had eyes on a few more similar class deer just couldn't make it happen in a day and a half of hunting on weekends.

PM me if you would like some details on locations etc...

Comment

Any recent reports or pics?

Comment

I'm curious as well. Has anyone killed anything recently? I'm heading up for 7 days Friday.

Comment

I have 2 friends that are up there right now. Just got there this afternoon and will be hunting 2 days.

Comment

Curious my self, will be up there the 4th, 5th and 6th.

Comment

We are headed up tomorrow. I will give a report when we leave Thursday or Friday

Comment

Updates? Any rut activity yet?

Comment

Originally posted by westtexducks View Post
                              Has your group looked into potentially hunting out of state to see about getting into some muleys? I recently discovered some great muley hunting with tons of bucks all on public and relatively cheap, tags are $350 and are over the counter. Only downside is it would be another 8 or so hours onto the drive, but I have seen more bucks in 3 weekends of hunting than I ever did down at meredith and some really nice quality deer as well if you spent a few days hunting and boot in the boot leather to locate them. Very first day out at my new hunting area had a very nice 8pt muley at 65 yards but he was just a hair out of my max range of 50 yards with my current set up, and had a ton of smaller bucks at ranges closer than that and had eyes on a few more similar class deer just couldn't make it happen in a day and a half of hunting on weekends.

PM me if you would like some details on locations etc...
                              I haven't been on here in a while, it's such a pain to load pics to photobucket and I been swamped at work.

Comment

I've seen pics of one buck.

Went out Saturday and the day was absolutely beautiful. I did see however a total of 4 trucks stuck at Mullinaw Crossing, 3 of them on the opposite side No one saw anything.

Comment

Working...
                                X